PDA

View Full Version : What bugs you most when detailing?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Meghan
04-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I was just curious what frustrates you when you are detailing and what you do to prevent it from happening in the future? There are several things that happen on details that get me fired up. This is a multiple choice poll so choose which ones bug you the most and make sure you let us know how / if you can prevent them from happening! Thanks.

(this poll is courtesy of Budman3)

scottgt
04-09-2007, 12:46 PM
ILL BE THE 1ST TO SAY.....IF I COULD CLICK ALL OF THEM I WOULD TEHEH:awesome:

D
04-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I said "Unable to get into tight spaces on the interior - cup holders, vents, consoles, radio controls." You get these spaces with every single car. Sometimes, Ill take the car apart a little, nothing serious just remove a couple pieces to get to the dirt. I find myself needing to remove seats a lot.

Whitethunder46
04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
I put swirls, just because every car is different. One combination may work great on one car, but the next might be totally different.

Also, hard to reach GLASS cleaning (such as the front windshield on the interior).

Most of the those listed used to be hard for me, but ever since finding AG and QUALITY chemicals, it's been super easy.

TjMonsen5
04-09-2007, 01:20 PM
i HATE when im buffing and then i slide over to the next panel and my extension cord is stuck under a tire!! AHH! I dont know how to prevent this other than just using a really big extension cord. o well. another thing is, my PC cord and my halogen cords are always getting tangled. :( i also hate when my back aches! haha! one other thing, removing road tar! now that sucks! its usually pretty nasty when i am cleaning out cupholders because of dried up/gooey pop spilled in there, its so gross i think i should use gloves.

Kelso
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
i said swirls...the rest of that stuff is annoying yes but easily fixed for me. what am i doing to make sure i get all the swirls? well, i got a new rotary and im starting to learn how to use it, thats what im doin about it...the PC just takes me way too long and never fully satisfies me

ltoman
04-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Gosh there sure are a lot of those I want to choose! If it weren't for the vette and its swirl/spider webbing issues, I would have to go with the hose/cord getting stuck . . . and my smeary windows . . . etc., etc.

joe.p
04-09-2007, 01:32 PM
1)wheels that are a pain to clean

2) water dripping from the crevices before/after applying sealants

3)dropping my clay bar

4)dropping my MFs

5) streaking glass

6)garden hose stuck under the tire

sorry, i didn't see this was poll read few a replies and posted

RTexasF
04-09-2007, 01:41 PM
For me it's the interior glass. With the extreme rake on newer windshilds and the requirement for contortionist limberness for the back window the glass causes me the most grief. Once you're through and put the car in the sun, "What the.....HOW did I miss that spot?"

budman3
04-09-2007, 01:48 PM
1)wheels that are a pain to clean

2) water dripping from the crevices before/after applying sealants

3)dropping my clay bar

4)dropping my MFs

5) streaking glass

6)garden hose stuck under the tire

sorry, i didn't see this was poll read few a replies and posted

Looks like you had all of the ones I listed in the poll :applause: .

I tried to think of the ones that bugged me and put it in this poll... however next time I detail I may have more to add, lol.

As for fixes, I bought an air compressor to blow out any crevices before I start polishing and that's the only fix that I have..... I have seen those semi-circle things that you put behind wheels so hoses and cords won't get stuck under the tire... haven't gotten any yet though.

joe.p
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Looks like you had all of the ones I listed in the poll :applause: .

I tried to think of the ones that bugged me and put it in this poll... however next time I detail I may have more to add, lol.

As for fixes, I bought an air compressor to blow out any crevices before I start polishing and that's the only fix that I have..... I have seen those semi-circle things that you put behind wheels so hoses and cords won't get stuck under the tire... haven't gotten any yet though.I would like to have compressor for tight spaces esp under the front seats..I have seen the those semi circles you mention iirc someone mentionto cut up a plastic milk container,but no i would rather aggrevate myself and cont to get hung up on the tires..Grood poll :cheers:

trhland
04-09-2007, 01:59 PM
detailing other poeples cars!! there so filthy!!!!:p ewww!!

Jimmie
04-09-2007, 02:01 PM
To this point I'm the only person to put "Other". It's water spots in the summer sun. That makes it frustrating to start a detail when you know that you'll be fighting time to get the car dried. To minimize it I'll start at the top, dry; down to windows, water blade, dry; one side at a time, flood off rinse water, dry; and still battle water spots.

scottgt
04-09-2007, 02:07 PM
or when it is cold out and u jam your finger trying to clean a wheel...or do i just suck at life?:o

Sevenrd
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Getting the hose or extension cord stuck under a tire. I hate that.