PDA

View Full Version : CG Black Light + Meguiar's Ultimate Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

NoSuchSol
08-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I can't help but try something else. I wasn't completely impressed with the Klasse+Autoglym on my last detail. I am quite suspect on the Autoglym lasting through one wash, but could have been my application.

I'm also not sure that Black Light followed by V7 is enough. Would I be insane(not intelligent) to follow Black Light with a coat of Ultimate Wax then V7 after washes?

Thanks for helping me kick it around.

rider9195
08-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I would think you would be impressed with two coats of Blacklight topped with V7. Then after washes topping with V7.

NoSuchSol
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks - I'll try it out prior to picking up any Ultimate Wax. Now wonders if I can skip polishing since I did that about a month and a half ago. (garage kept, but did get rained on)

shoeless89
08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I would think you would be impressed with two coats of Blacklight topped with V7. Then after washes topping with V7.

:iagree: I hate Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. I don't like the looks and the durability is terrible. BlackLight + V7 is a GREAT combo!

DaveT435
08-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks - I'll try it out prior to picking up any Ultimate Wax. Now wonders if I can skip polishing since I did that about a month and a half ago. (garage kept, but did get rained on)
Blacklight does a pretty descent job of polishing...

dmayer
08-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Would V7 work well on top of other sealants? I have some Menzerna Powerlock.

NoSuchSol
08-07-2012, 11:56 PM
I hope so! They use it over some of their other products so I'm going to say yes. For some reason, I feel like I'm leaving something out - I'm guessing that Black Light is an AOI like Klasse perhaps without durability.

Heck, I'm using it on silver so we'll see if I get any shine.

drbobbybones
08-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Would V7 work well on top of other sealants? I have some Menzerna Powerlock.

I've used V7 over HD Poxy, Liquid Souveran, Paste Souveran, Wolfgang Fuzion, Optimum GPS, Zaino AIO, and Blacklight. It worked well with all of them.

ALL of them. :dblthumb2:

chetmoseley
08-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Never heard of v7 until now. It has peaked
My interest. Would it be comparable to something like clear seal from
Zaino?

drbobbybones
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Never heard of v7 until now. It has peaked
My interest. Would it be comparable to something like clear seal from
Zaino?

More like Z-8 than CS. And that's a good thing :)

HotRodJoe
08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
They may have similar results (Z8 and V7) but they are not very similar in application or physical properties, in my experience. Don't get me wrong - I like them both, but they have different uses.

drbobbybones
08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
They may have similar results (Z8 and V7) but they are not very similar in application or physical properties, in my experience. Don't get me wrong - I like them both, but they have different uses.

How so? I apply them exactly the same (spray on panel, wipe with one MF towel, buff with another MF), and they both have a glossy shine. Both are somewhat dust repellent. V7 flashes faster, is less temperamental on black (less streaking), and smells better.

HotRodJoe
08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I can't even begin to use V7 on black in the sun, it is a streak fest. Z8 works good in sun, smells good. Seems like my experience is opposite of yours, but either way, you are now saying they are different, too.

drbobbybones
08-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I can't even begin to use V7 on black in the sun, it is a streak fest. Z8 works good in sun, smells good. Seems like my experience is opposite of yours, but either way, you are now saying they are different, too.

Agree to disagree. Z-8 does smell good, but V7 is better to my nose. Z8 is a bit more tricky on a warm hood for my GT-R, but YMMV. Z8 is a great product though--it actually works pretty well off label as a quick detailer too. A bit more expensive though.

The original question was: is V7 like Zaino Clear Seal--to which I said that V7 is more like Z8 (wipe on, wipe off) than CS (wipe on, walk away). I think we can both agree to that :xyxthumbs:

chetmoseley
08-09-2012, 04:24 AM
I personally really liked z8 and clear seal. The look I got from clear seal was awesome. Z8 awesome too. I hVe just ventured away from the Z line to venture on to different products. Although I still have some
Clear seal!