PDA

View Full Version : spray on wax: GG vs DG

Pages : [1] 2

wangotango
08-05-2012, 09:26 AM
A few months ago I cleaned the car up and put on WG 3.0 sealant and next dayed it with Pin Liq Souv. Really looked great.
After the first wash I decided to apply GG spray on wax after blading most water off.
First time I'd used a spray on and I was really happy with it's ease and results.
But I'm kinda new to this.
I used it every time I washed that car, which is regularly.
Just got some DG AW from AG, used it after a wash couple days ago.
The car seems much shinier, it's very noticeable, even other people have noticed it.
Seems to stay nicer under same conditions, weather, etc.
The stuff really kicks ass.

rider9195
08-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Aquawax is a very nice product!!

Ditch the water blade though. Lol.

HotRodJoe
08-05-2012, 12:53 PM
The stuff really kicks ass.

Yes it does! Im the MAN

BobbyG
08-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Sadly, I've seen but never tried many of the products Duragloss has to offer. I have no valid reason just never did but after reading some of the write-ups here and else where I decided to give then a drive....

The only thing I can say is :doh::doh:..... What a tremendous line of outstanding products. :props:

Duragloss Aquawax is really running a VERY close second to Optimum Spray Car Wax and that's saying something indeed!! :props:

Shortspark
08-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Sadly, I've seen but never tried many of the products Duragloss has to offer. I have no valid reason just never did but after reading some of the write-ups here and else where I decided to give then a drive....

The only thing I can say is :doh::doh:..... What a tremendous line of outstanding products. :props:

Duragloss Aquawax is really running a VERY close second to Optimum Spray Car Wax and that's saying something indeed!! :props:

Hey Bobbie, I received a sample of OSW with an order and wanted to try it but I have AquaWax over 105 on my SUV. Can you spray OSW over the AquaWax? I'm wondering if they are compatible and even if they are if it would be an improvement. Then my next question would be can I spray AquaWax over the OSW the next time I would wash the SUV?

DrMark
08-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Although I have never used DP either, I do have a question. Does DP have a drying agent in it like GG Spray-on-wax? I have been using the GG wax for over a year with good results. I like the fact that it has the drying agent in it.

BobbyG
08-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey Bobbie, I received a sample of OSW with an order and wanted to try it but I have AquaWax over 105 on my SUV. Can you spray OSW over the AquaWax? I'm wondering if they are compatible and even if they are if it would be an improvement. Then my next question would be can I spray AquaWax over the OSW the next time I would wash the SUV?

I have done just that and see no compatibility issues at all. :props:

Do 1/2 the hood with Duragloss Aquawax and the other with Optimum Spray Car Wax and see if there's a clear winner...

Shortspark
08-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Sounds good, Bobby, that is just what I'll do - thanks!

BillyJack
08-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Although I have never used DP either, I do have a question. Does DP have a drying agent in it like GG Spray-on-wax? I have been using the GG wax for over a year with good results. I like the fact that it has the drying agent in it.

If you meant to type "DG" rather than "DP", yes it does. I've been using GG's Spray-on Wax for a few years, but after my first tryout with DG Aquawax, I'm a believer. DG shines more, is slicker, seems to last longer and is less expensive. I still prefer Optimum as a regular spray wax, but DG is the new go-to for a "wax-as-you-dry" product.

Bill

davidc
08-05-2012, 03:34 PM
As some one else stated "Aqua Wax is the Bomb". DG has a lot of great products, I have been using the 932 No Rinse a lot lately.

Dave

KneeDragr
08-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Ive still got about a 1/3 of the gallon of GG spray wax, but I will give the duragloss a shot after I run out.

CEE DOG
08-05-2012, 07:51 PM
If you are looking for protection from a spray wax Optimum is the bees knees. If your looking for a super glossy sealant spray topper that is easy is pie to use and an amazing value Duragloss Aquawax is awesome!!

Maybe my two favorite traditional spray products. Optimum wins in durability but Aquawax has it's place on my detailing cart.

drbobbybones
08-05-2012, 09:09 PM
If you are looking for protection from a spray wax Optimum is the bees knees. If your looking for a super glossy sealant spray topper that is easy is pie to use and an amazing value Duragloss Aquawax is awesome!!

Maybe my two favorite traditional spray products. Optimum wins in durability but Aquawax has it's place on my detailing cart.

Do you like these both better than Chemical Guys V7? I like V7 more than Optimum's product.

brawl
08-05-2012, 09:39 PM
For me, Aquawax looks great on sealants.

CEE DOG
08-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Do you like these both better than Chemical Guys V7? I like V7 more than Optimum's product.

Man! I wish I could say! My good buddy Jim sent me some and I think I used it once. Good question but unfortunately I don't know. So many products I just never got a chance to use it much