PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove...

Pages : [1] 2

klumzypinoy
04-09-2007, 01:08 AM
How do you remove those shoe scuff marks on the bottom of the door in the interior of the car? It's so hard to avoid it, but it's hard to take them off. What have you used that took them off?

ltoman
04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
you can use magic eraser. i heard it works. i bought it but have not used it. what worked for me was meg's apc and some elbow grease - and my door is a color they call cashmere, so it's light, so i think it is really good. fantastic and 409 did not do well. i tried armor all, that was ok, but apc is the best, for me. now here will come an onslaught of varied opinions!!!
good luck.
hope that helps!
lauren

klumzypinoy
04-09-2007, 01:15 AM

TjMonsen5
04-09-2007, 01:28 AM
usually glass cleaner will take light marks out, or something like purple power. But if its REALLY bad, i would try and find a can of this stuff called Tuff Duty. We use it at the car dealer for bad stains and marks and stuff and it always takes ANYTHING out!

orngez
04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
imo...the best way to remove shoe scuffs is to use a light swirl remover on a mf pad...it depends on the material it is on...obviously not on smooth plastic...but on textured plastic you should be okay...bug and tar remover also usually does a good job as well...

klumzypinoy
04-09-2007, 02:34 AM
imo...the best way to remove shoe scuffs is to use a light swirl remover on a mf pad...it depends on the material it is on...obviously not on smooth plastic...but on textured plastic you should be okay...bug and tar remover also usually does a good job as well...

What should I use on smooth plastic?

orngez
04-09-2007, 02:48 AM
on smooth platic..the bug and tar remover on a mf towel..

klumzypinoy
04-09-2007, 02:53 AM
cool thanx :) thanx for the replies everyone, I appreciate it

Nuke33
04-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I really want to try that magic eraser but I hear they have fiberglass in them and you can do some damage but IDK

nick19
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I really want to try that magic eraser but I hear they have fiberglass in them and you can do some damage but IDK

It's like a block of sand paper... I hate them..

ltoman
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
It's like a block of sand paper... I hate them..

woah - glad i have been forwarned!

nick19
04-09-2007, 08:57 PM
woah - glad i have been forwarned!

I saw someone use this on their steering wheel... ewww.. never will I use it on the interior.

Cheetah
04-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't think it's like a block of sandpaper at all. I use it on stains and scuff marks. It works great and is cheap. You wet it with water and it becomes soft and then you wipe. I used it on my wife's steering wheel because there was a ton of grime on it. It took 30 seconds and looked like new after.

klumzypinoy
04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't think it's like a block of sandpaper at all. I use it on stains and scuff marks. It works great and is cheap. You wet it with water and it becomes soft and then you wipe. I used it on my wife's steering wheel because there was a ton of grime on it. It took 30 seconds and looked like new after.

No scratches or anything?

clambros
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
you can use magic eraser. i heard it works. ...

:iagree:

(used it on both my cashmere interiors .. no issues and works like a champ !)