PDA

View Full Version : Coating CQ Finest and EXO, which is stronger?

ArkayoDeetayo
08-04-2012, 01:10 AM
As title states, between CQuartz Finest, and Exo, if someone has used both and can chime in pros and cons of both? I did search and did not find anything

NFA
08-04-2012, 07:57 AM
i found this video pretty interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFcZD5ovSU]Gtechniq EXO vs Autosmart smart wheels diluted 10/1 (10 parts water 1 part smart wheels) - YouTube[/video]

arack
08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Neither. OptiCoat is better than both. OptiCoat is permanent, while these two will need reapplication at some point.

AeroCleanse
08-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Gtechniq C1 is the best I have used so far, I like it better than OptiCoat

aerogt01
08-04-2012, 11:18 PM
AeroCleanse, can you mention what you like about C1 better than OC/OG?

rider9195
08-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I can tell you what is cheaper! Lol.

AeroCleanse
08-05-2012, 09:41 AM
AeroCleanse, can you mention what you like about C1 better than OC/OG?

Looks and scratch resistance. When I wash cars coated with Opti-Guard it looks fine, when I wash cars coated with C1 is always seems to give that wow factor.

I also notice that when I applied C1, the color deepened yet with OG it didn't change.

gtechrob
08-06-2012, 04:26 AM
just a quick comment on EXO and durability.

EXO is a hybrid coating comprising a layer of inorganic quartz which bonds chemically with your paintwork and is essentially a permanent coating protecting your paintwork from oxidation, staining and general degradation with a degree of marr resistance. It is overlayed with an organic layer which has all the nice features people like from a wax such as slickness, extreme water and dirt repellency (and I mean extreme!), wet look etc. If you wash your car properly with a pure shampoo and not a caustic cleaner (particularly not wheel cleaner as demonstrated in the video above), this layer will see you good for a year - maybe longer.