PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a an affordable mattress yet comfy

Pages : [1] 2 3

wytstang
04-08-2007, 10:50 PM
All right well my mattress is just about done (dip in the middle and small back acke)) and good solid night sleeps are not happening often enough. After spending a weekend at my sister inlaws home I got a chance to sleep on a Sealy Posture Premier matress. Fist 2 nights it was an absolute dream to sleep on very deep and instant sleep (didn't want to get up and took naps during the day just to stay on it), then the very last night I tossed and turned a lot and woke up with a small back ache. I know the pillows we had were a bit to puffy for me and may have been the reason (neck angled high) but it didn't bother me the first 2 days. So I don't know if I should just pull the trigger and hope for the best. What are *YOU* sleeping on and how do *YOU* like it?? I need a Quenn size and looking to stay at most $800.

Ong~Bak
04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Just got a Queen set from Denver Mattress Co.
Doctors Choice Firm, I need extra support for my back, so far no complaints had now for 3 months. 749.00 - 40.00 to deliver = 789.00
Back ache no more!

Whitethunder46
04-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Back when I was looking at apartments and furniture, I found (what I believe was a pretty nice matress), for $246. It was a full size from Morris, brand was Sealy.

It was just the mattress, not both parts.

wytstang
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Do you know what sealy it was?

AStewart
04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
we bought our set through shopnbc.com

great price, like 900 ... included setup and removal of the old (NO TAX either)

Some high end dealio model, I sleep really well, ie ... 11pm - 6am, 99% of the time!

Whitethunder46
04-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Do you know what sealy it was?

Nope, I'm sure it was one of the bottom models. I don't care, it was cheap and comfy for my standards.

Jimmie
04-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Do not let the salesman steer you toward the "Stearns & Foster" (high end Sealy I beleive). Others, as well as me, experienced sagging. When I tried to follow up with the warranty I was told that it had to sag "X" number of inches below the level to qualify as faulty (It was something crazy like 4"-6"). Anyway, a lot of money shot. Just telling you so hopefully you can avoid the trap.

mrnextel
04-09-2007, 03:31 PM
i got away rom the inner sprint matresses

they wear, espcially the high end ones

i got a new bed here in the last month, went with latex it was a lil expensive $2k but it wont wear out, stay away from memory foam

my 2 cents

mrnextel
04-09-2007, 03:31 PM
i got away rom the inner sprint matresses

they wear, espcially the high end ones

i got a new bed here in the last month, went with latex it was a lil expensive $2k but it wont wear out, stay away from memory foam

my 2 cents

holy freaking typos

ltoman
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
DO what Gary does when his wife is mad at him. Sleep in the stang.
With Shelby.

ltoman
04-09-2007, 03:47 PM
holy freaking typos

oh mrnextel,

you ain't seen nothing yet!
And problem is, I am not so sure most of them are typos....

lol

supercharged
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I need a good matress myself, and not willing to spend over $800 either.

jmillican
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I need a good matress myself, and not willing to spend over $800 either.

I bought a Temperpedic queen size off of ebay, but I cannot recall the price. I believe it was about $1200, but it is without question the best mattress I ever had and I've had a few. My wife says she cannot feel me turn over or move around at night and I am no light weight.

By the way, I was talking with a trainer the other day about some back pain I had after about 12 hours of detailing one Saturday and he said that a large number, perhaps a majority, of back problems are due to tight hamstrings. I started doing some stretching exercises designed to get at the hamstrings and I have found a very significant decrease in my back pain.

ltoman
04-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I bought a Temperpedic queen size off of ebay, but I cannot recall the price. I believe it was about $1200, but it is without question the best mattress I ever had and I've had a few. My wife says she cannot feel me turn over or move around at night and I am no light weight.

By the way, I was talking with a trainer the other day about some back pain I had after about 12 hours of detailing one Saturday and he said that a large number, perhaps a majority, of back problems are due to tight hamstrings. I started doing some stretching exercises designed to get at the hamstrings and I have found a very significant decrease in my back pain.
Hey thanks for sharing that - wow.
BTW, wystang will be sleeping in the Mustang in the meantime.

nick19
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM

I have a 3" memory foam topper I bought (sealy brand) and the best money I've spent. Also got some Egyptian cotton sheets (1,000 thread count). They cost a pretty penny, but oh soo soft. :)

I have an old Sealy, but it was a premium model 10 years ago.