PDA

View Full Version : applying dg 501 by hand

kline39
08-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I searched through about 15 pages of info on this, and while I did find some great information, it didnt quite answer my questions.

Last night I clean my black metallic ford fusion x2 with chem guys cw&g, then combined 1 part dg 601 to 4 parts 501. I applied it like a sealant (by hand) using a single foam pad to thinly apply it over the entire car, using an overlapping circular motion. I let it haze for about 15 minutes, and removal was very easy. The problem is, I didnt really notice all the claimed cleaning power Ive heard so much about. and the finish only looked just slightly better afterwards.

Did I do something wrong? Should I use something that has a little bit more abrasion (like a microfiber pad) to apply and work it in more? Any feedback would be very welcome, and thanks in advance!

embolism
08-03-2012, 03:41 PM
to get full cleaning power you will need to use a machine and white polishing pad.

MF pad will help a bit but you really need to work the product in if you are working by hand...

RZJZA80
08-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I've used it by hand on a red finishing foam and it worked just fine. Polisher would be better, but by hand works well also, depends on the cars condition and what you are trying to do with it. If you use it by hand, you can't just wipe on and off like a sealant, you have to work it in a little for the cleaning to happen.

kline39
08-03-2012, 06:49 PM
thanks for the tips! gunna try again tomorrow night