PDA

View Full Version : New car process...how does it look?

Djulin
08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Hello everyone.

Basically, I've been out of the detailing world for about 3 years. I moved to Chicago and sold all the cars. :(
But now I'm moving somewhere where I can get a car and start detailing again! I just ordered a Black 2013 GT Mustang Coupe. I know, I shouldn't have gotten black but I'm up for the challenge. The car will be my summer car and will be garaged during the winter. I'll be picking it up at the end of August and I'm starting to collect my detailing arsenal. The car will be untouched by the dealer with the plastic guard still on the car so I'm trying to put together a process for cleaning and protecting a new car. Below are some of the products I was thinking and the process. Please take a look and let me know what you guys think. I'm up for any changes in process or switching products. Thanks!

WASH
Foam Cannon
Power Washer
Optimum Car Wash or Chemical Guys Citrus Wash
Lake Country Blue Grout Sponge
3 Bucket System w/ 3 Grit Guards

DECONTAMINATE
CarPro Iron X Trigger Spray

CLAY
Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay

POLISH (Only if needed)
Menzerna Super Finish (SF 4500) PO85RD
Grey LC Pad or Black LC Pad

SEALANT
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 or Menzerna Power Lock

WAX
Poorboy’s World Natty’s Paste Wax

INTERIOR
Poorboy’s World Natural Look Dressing
303 High Tech Fabric Guard

ENGINE
Optimum No Rinse Wash
303 Aerospace Protectant

rider9195
08-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!!

Your process looks to be spot on. What machine will you be using if polishing is needed?

Djulin
08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
I only have the Porter Cable 7424. (http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html) I bought it a few years ago before I moved.

Vegas Transplant
08-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Looks good...maybe Optimum Opti Clean Cleaner & Protectant, Opticlean all purpose cleaner protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-clean-cleaner.html) instead of ONR in engine bay.

kmsdetailing
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
There is no other color that gives a beautiful relfection like Black as long as it's properly cared for. I have a friend who also purchased a black mustang and he keeps it in the garage and also keeps a quick detailer with microfiber towels for that "just in case"

I think you've listed everything you'll need to keep that Stang looking gorgeous.

Good luck with your new car.