Fog Runner
04-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I just finished my full spring detail on friday of last week. It consitsed of
Wash- PB SS&S
Clay- Wolfgang
Polish- XMT 2 followed by XMT 1 to Jewel
Sealant- DG 101 followed by 105
Wax- PB Natty Blue

I would like to tell everyone here thanks for the help! I asked a lot of questions lately and got a lot of great responses. I have a Black Dodge Ram 2500 and it came out great!!! This was my 4th time using the PC and I think I really have the hang of it now. I am not fast with it, but am able to get great results now, and I owe it to this site and everyone here. I have pics that I will post soon, I took them but have not had a chance to download yet.

Now the drag of the whole deal. I finished the truck Thurs. and on Sat morning I needed to go to Home Depot, so I did the usual and parked all the way at the outside of the parking lot like I always do (have to hear it from the wife every time for parking so far) Run in grab my stuff and come out to a cart resting in the drivers door of the truck.:mad: Nobody or now cars were around but the cart. The paint was not scratched, just a little rub off of orange paint that I took right off when I got home, but what it did leave was a nice little dent right in the middle of the door. I have been bummed since, I don't know what to do, do I live with it or try to get it fixed??? It is eating away at me to have it there and it shows when the sun is out. I pulled the door panel off to see if you could get to it, but it is right behind the welded in bracing inside the door. Sorry for the long post but this has been driving me nuts, sometimes I think I worry about this truck to much. I will try to get the pics up soon.

FR

Nuke33
04-08-2007, 08:42 PM
That sucks When i was getting lunch with my mom on friday, someone scapred my bumper right through the paint... I was so mad

Gary Sword
04-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry here that. I hate parking any of my cars in a parking lot.

Rsurfer
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Do you have a dent repair shop around you? We have a bunch of mobile detailers that are doing this type of work. If its not dented on a crease or edge they should be able to pull it out with no paint damage. Took 3 dings out of my doors and you cant even tell where they were.

sparkie
04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Man sorry to hear that. In my area they have guys that go to new car lots and fix small dents. Check with a car lot and see if one come to them. I had my old Honda fix like that.

moparman363
04-08-2007, 09:37 PM
I feel your pain, The same thing happened to my wifes car at 2 weeks old. I suggest you call your local dealership and ask who they use for paintless dent repar. They all use them, and know who the best ones are. Good Luck
Lance

turbos17
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Sorry to hear that dude! Find a paintless dent removal guy in your area! Good luck!

Truls
04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Thats just sad, has happend to me 3 times. Try Sparkies advice, that is often done in a sec.

Great that you get the PC swinging, Your line up of products is just up my street. XMT and DG rocks

Cant wait for the pics.

supercharged
04-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Waiting for pictures.

Fog Runner
04-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Called around and found a pretty reputable dent remover, does the work for the local Mercedes dealer. I have an appointment for Thurs., so we will see how things turn out. He said he thinks he can get most if not all out, but said you may still see a very small blemish because it has a crease to it and is on black. He was pretty sure that it would vanish though, my fingers are crossed.

Also here are some pics, hope they show up right, this is my first time posting pics on AG. Also if you see the small spots on the hood, that is just some pollen that settled on the truck, and just think it was only out of the garage for like 2 minutes there, the pollen right now drives me nuts, but it is not as bad as the ding in the door.

FR

Fog Runner
04-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Guess that only kind of worked, how do you get the pictures to show up full size after they are resized to fit the file size constraints of the site, Please Help? I will repost when I get this figured out.

sparkie
04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Called around and found a pretty reputable dent remover, does the work for the local Mercedes dealer. I have an appointment for Thurs., so we will see how things turn out. He said he thinks he can get most if not all out, but said you may still see a very small blemish because it has a crease to it and is on black. He was pretty sure that it would vanish though, my fingers are crossed.

Also here are some pics, hope they show up right, this is my first time posting pics on AG. Also if you see the small spots on the hood, that is just some pollen that settled on the truck, and just think it was only out of the garage for like 2 minutes there, the pollen right now drives me nuts, but it is not as bad as the ding in the door.

FR

Hey Bro, you have a beautiful truck.

supercharged
04-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Pictures came out very nice. Beautiful job!

Fog Runner
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, it means alot coming from some of the veterans.

I also wanted to say thanks for the suggestions on the paintless dent repair. I have never had this done before. After finding someone who I thought was reputable, I met with him. He told me I had the perfect combination black paint with a kink, but he assured me that he could still do something with it. I set up and appointment for today, dropped off the truck this morning and picked up after work. Let me tell you, best money I ever spent, the job is flawless. I parked the truck in the sun and look at it up and down, even looked down the length and can not even tell, it looks like new. I know where the dent was at and still can see evidence. Only thing I did see were some light swirls in the area, probably where he wiped with a rag, but they are minor and I will address those very soon. If all I have to deal with is some very light swirls in one small spot to get rid of the dent, I'll take that deal anyday. Some of them may have been from everyone who looked at the dent also, because you know how that works, they look with their hands and not their eyes until you tell them otherwise.

Well Thanks Again Everyone, this site is great! :D

KJW Detailing
04-12-2007, 09:24 PM
sorry to hear about the dent...i know the feeling...my car is alost 4 months old and i do anything and everything to keep it safe...well wouldn't you know...the other day at work i parked where i usually park b/c its away from alot (not everything but the drivers that worry me the most) anyway one of the drivers that parks loaner cars parked one a foot away from my car and put 2 tiny dents on my door...i was and am pretty pissed but on the bright side since it happened at work (lexus dealership) they will be repairing it for free with the dent removal people we have...

your truck looks great too!