PDA

View Full Version : subsequent applications of Klasse

benjammin
08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I applied Klasse sealant to my new motorcycle over a month ago. I would like to apply more, especially in frontal areas that receive the brunt of bugs and road debris before it wears out, but I am wondering if anything special should be done to the exiting layer other than making sure it is clean, for example, stripping it off, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Mike Phillips
08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I applied Klasse sealant to my new motorcycle over a month ago. I would like to apply more, especially in frontal areas that receive the brunt of bugs and road debris before it wears out, but I am wondering if anything special should be done to the exiting layer other than making sure it is clean, for example, stripping it off, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Klasse Sealant Glaze is a non-cleaning, acrylic sealant and it should easily bond to itself.

The most important thing would be to make sure the surface to be coated is washed, clean and dry.

If in doubt, then a very light wiping using the Klasse AIO would make sure the surface is completely clean before applying the Klasse SG. The idea is just to make sure there is no road film that you cannot detect visually on the surface otherwise you will seal it in.

Since you've already been using Klasse SG you probably already know how hard it can be to wipe-off if you lay down to thick of a coating. If you haven't already, maybe give this article a read through...

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/37279-tip-working-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings-new-you.html)

:)

RZJZA80
08-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I would probably re-Klasse AIO the bike, and reapply the SG, and don't be afraid to layer it, even up to 6 layers, many out there layer it and swear by it.

benjammin
08-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Thanks Mike.

benjammin
10-06-2012, 06:27 AM
I reapplied the Klasse the other week. One "problem" is that it did not seem to haze even after 15 minutes. (Bike was washed and dried before application, and Klasse bottle was shook well before use. Temp was mid 70s).