PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Camper detail

Pages : 1 [2]

Jomax
08-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Also, anytime you're removing oxidation of paint or gel-coats you're going to want to clean the face of your buffing pads OFTEN.

That's because you're going to have a lot of dead, oxidized gel-coat building up on the face of the pad plus the spent product, that is used-up compound or polish.

Same would apply if you're using a one-step cleaner/wax, you will have dead, oxidized gel-coat and spent cleaner/wax building up on the face of your pad.

I made a video this week showing how to clean your pad on the fly, it's one of the most requested videos I've ever been asked to make. So I made one.

Here's the link,

Video: How to clean your pad on the fly (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/53611-video-how-clean-your-pad-fly.html)

If this technique helps you then maybe post a comment to that effect in the above thread.

:xyxthumbs:

When I first tryed cleaning the pad on the fly I got the towel wrapped Inside my GG6, one hour later of cussing and cutting the towel out(couldn't even get the wrench in to remove the Plate) I finally removed it. When I buffed out my 30ft fiberlglass trailer with my GG6 I had good luck with a microfiber bunched up scrubing the pad. I cleaning it like this every section.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online