PDA

View Full Version : black roof + opti-coat 2.0. Add another layer?

mamut
08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
My mini cooper S has a black roof which was opti-coated. Everything went awesome and it was applied correctly. Lately, for some reason birds have been attracted to my roof and have been pooping all over it. As soon as i spot a bird bomb, it is quickly wiped off. but today was a different story. i sprayed some quick detailer on a bomb, let it sit for a minute or two, and i proceeded to wipe.It didn't want to budge, ###? its like the poop was super glued to the paint. then i tried to gently scrape it off with my fingernail(ewwww, i scrubbed the crap,pun intended, out of it later). im sorry to say, but i did more damage trying to take that sh!t off then if it would etch into the paint. i feel horrible now.

so onto my question. would it be best to add another layer of Opti-coat to protect the finish or add some wax?
right now i have the OC, blacklight, and V7 on there.

Rsurfer
08-02-2012, 07:34 PM
It's best not to top OC with anything. If you must, use Optimum Car Wax. If the present OC is over 30 day's just lightly scuff the surface with a fine polish and clean the surface before applying OC. I guess you should lightly polish to remove the Blacklight and V7.
My mini cooper S has a black roof which was opti-coated. Everything went awesome and it was applied correctly. Lately, for some reason birds have been attracted to my roof and have been pooping all over it. As soon as i spot a bird bomb, it is quickly wiped off. but today was a different story. i sprayed some quick detailer on a bomb, let it sit for a minute or two, and i proceeded to wipe.It didn't want to budge, ###? its like the poop was super glued to the paint. then i tried to gently scrape it off with my fingernail(ewwww, i scrubbed the crap,pun intended, out of it later). im sorry to say, but i did more damage trying to take that sh!t off then if it would etch into the paint. i feel horrible now.

so onto my question. would it be best to add another layer of Opti-coat to protect the finish or add some wax?
right now i have the OC, blacklight, and V7 on there.