PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning interiors suck!

pcw25
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I hate cleaning interiors! About 60% of my jobs are interior only jobs, and I absolutely hate it. I get horrible cars with a zillion stains and what not and it always takes me forever. Does anyone have a system they use to tackle the interior in the least amount of time? Also, will a steamer help with efficiency?

bsirbu
08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Getting new tools and gadgets won't necessarily make the job go faster. In my personal experience (and probably others on this forum) the use of tools like steamers, tornadors, extractors etc. doesn't make interior work go faster, but rather allows me to do a better, more thorough job. However these tools do take a lot of work in the physical sense out of the job. For example ever since I bought cyclo carpet brushes to use for the PC, scrubbing carpets has been rendered effortless.

AutowerxDetailing
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Getting new tools and gadgets won't necessarily make the job go faster. In my personal experience (and probably others on this forum) the use of tools like steamers, tornadors, extractors etc. doesn't make interior work go faster, but rather allows me to do a better, more thorough job. However these tools do take a lot of work in the physical sense out of the job. For example ever since I bought cyclo carpet brushes to use for the PC, scrubbing carpets has been rendered effortless.

:iagree:

Most of the specialized tools I have acquired for interior purposes have only yielded better results. I haven't noticed a significant drop in time spent on each vehicle. There really is just no way to cut corners and still produce results that I am willing to attach my name/brand to.

I don't particularly care for interior jobs either and have toyed with the thought of relegating interior details to only be available as an "add-on" service with exterior jobs. I figured this might filter out the super filthy cars that use the floor as a garbage disposal. Haven't made that leap yet... just food for thought.

pcw25
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
thanks for the replies! well then i guess there is no other way to do a thorough cleaning job! you can only make it easier!