PDA

View Full Version : Placing a new order for my B-Day !!!

AntC
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/feedback%5B1%5D.gif
Hey Geeks!!!

Been away for a while busy at work " apparently my manager expects me to actually work while at my desk" .. the nerve.

Anyways I'm getting ready to place an order as a B-Day gift to myself and wanted a lil feedback from the group, so let me know what you think, and let me know about any discounts on any thing too..

Here's the order I will be putting in this week:

GR-10750 Griots Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher

Kits BFPK-500-CCS 2 CCS 6.5 inch Yellow Cutting Foam Pads 2 CCS 6.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Foam Pads 2 CCS 6.5 inch White Polishing Foam Pads 1 CCS 6.5 inch Gray Finishing Foam Pad 1 CCS 6.5 inch Blue Finessing Foam Pad 2 Microfiber Bonnets 6” 1 Lambswool Leveling Pad 12 oz. XMT Polishing Foam Pad Cleaner 12 oz. XMT Polishing Foam Pad Conditioner
XMT-3PK 12 oz. XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover #4 12 oz. XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1 12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Carnauba finishing Glaze
AG-DEPBM8-6 6 pack 80Z Bottles

CO-845 Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845

Madkatz
08-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Very much set for a polishing session, but if it were me i would skip on the Carnauba Finishing Glaze and get a swirl remover between #1 and #4, #4 is actually quite an aggressive product, if you're a fan of using glazes then stick to the glaze but you might want to look at getting xmt 360 as an AIO this way you have a versatile product for those times that you don't have much time, and with using xmt360 you actually leave a sealant behind before applying 845IW

darkangelism
08-01-2012, 11:24 AM
You might want to look at getting a 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads

swanicyouth
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I would get 5.5" pads and BP, and skip the XMT. I would get Wolfgang 3.0 Swirl Remover and the Finishing Glaze/Polish instead, along with 2 yellow/aggressive foam pads(assuming you don't have them already).

These 2 polishes can handle a lot, and the yellow pads are for really bad swirls. It's hard to say though without knowing what your working on.

When I need something more aggressive, I like to use the TSR on a yellow pad. It finishes pretty much perfect. I prefer this over a more aggressive polish. The WG polishes are easy to use and are made by Menzerna.

Buckskincolt
08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Yes, scrap the 6.5" pads and get a 5" backing plate and the lake country 5.5" hydro tech pads with the WG combo or the Optimum hyper spray combo for a little more cut! Either way you will be much happier than the 6.5" pads and the XMT polishes.

AntC
08-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, scrap the 6.5" pads and get a 5" backing plate and the lake country 5.5" hydro tech pads with the WG combo or the Optimum hyper spray combo for a little more cut! Either way you will be much happier than the 6.5" pads and the XMT polishes.

Buck your the person I wanted to hear from, I understand you did a correction on a Yukon, I have a Tahoe, do you still think I need the smaller pads, and what do you recommend for the swirl remover?