PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Connecticut

escaper28
08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank those who post regularly on here. I think I'm on overload after trying to read and educate myself on everything.

I wanted to move away from over the counter products and hand detailing so I just placed my first order yesterday and a Meguiars DA and other products to do a complete detailing on my vehicles. I went overboard but at least I think I have most of what I need.

I did have a question and have researched on here and have watched videos and I ordered Mike's DVD and book but until then.

On the Lake Country CCS pad colors ( hopefully I have right)
Orange =( moderate to light) swirl remover product
Coarse Green =( very light) use swirl remover product-PLAN TO USE PINNACLE
White= pre wax/lotion- PLAN to USE PINNACLE LOTION
Green=all in one product ( not planning on using right now)
Blue= liquid wax - PLAN TO USE PINNACLE LIQUID SOUVERAN WAX

Is this pretty much the standard? I see alot of people like sealants then wax but if working on someones car and it states 12 hours before waxing wouldnt that be non functional?

any help would be appreciated and like I said I'm still researching and waiting on my order so I can read and watch and learn more

thanks

rider9195
08-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

The coarse green pad is actually more aggressive than the orange pad. But starting with an white or orange pad would be good.

Sealants have much more durability than waxes. A nice practice is to apply a paint sealant, wait 8-12 hours then top with a wax.

If you have anymore question, post them up!

mjlinane
08-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome to AGO!!

Bill1234
08-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Congrats on joining autogeek, I also live in CT

Mike Phillips
08-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank those who post regularly on here. I think I'm on overload after trying to read and educate myself on everything.

We do our best... :D

On the Lake Country CCS pad colors ( hopefully I have right)

Orange =( moderate to light) swirl remover product

Actually you can use the orange cutting pads with compounds and polishes and even cleaner/waxes, just depends upon what you want to do.

Coarse Green =( very light) use swirl remover product-PLAN TO USE PINNACLE

That will work, do a test spot first, see below...

White= pre wax/lotion- PLAN to USE PINNACLE LOTION

Correct except, if you're using a swirl remover you will no longer need the pre-wax paint cleaner as the swirl remover will have removed the swirls AND cleaned the paint.

It's an either/or situation and lots of confusion. A paint cleaner like the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion is non-abrasive and for cleaning the surface of paint before applying wax so the wax can stick better and last longer. It also removes any stains, light surface oxidation or impurities so the paint "looks" better.

If you use a compound or any type of swirl remover you will have effectively taken care of anything the paint cleaner would have done so you no longer need to use the paint cleaner. Like I said, it's an either/or type situation, you ether use the compounds and polishes or use just use the paint cleaner. Which approach depends upon the condition of the paint and your goal.

Green=all in one product ( not planning on using right now)

I'm going to assume when you typed all in one product you purchased Pinnacle XMT 360 which is a one-step cleaner/wax or an AIO that stands for All-in-One.

Cleaner/waxes and AIO are the SAME category of product. You can use the names interchangeably.

Blue= liquid wax - PLAN TO USE PINNACLE LIQUID SOUVERAN WAX

Yes.

Is this pretty much the standard? I see alot of people like sealants then wax but if working on someones car and it states 12 hours before waxing wouldn't that be non functional?

When I work on a customer's car I wait about 30 minutes after applying the sealant and then apply the wax. Sometimes all you can do is all you can do...

any help would be appreciated and like I said I'm still researching and waiting on my order so I can read and watch and learn more

thanks

Here's a tip...

Introduce yourself in the Introduction Forum and then post questions in one of the other forums like Detailing 101

The title of your thread here says,

Hello from Connecticut

Lots of great members on this forum but your thread title doesn't indicate to them you have questions, it looks like you're simply introducing yourself so you miss out on lots of help.

I type the above all the time. Just scan through the Intro forum and you'll see lots of people ask questions in their intro forum and they miss out on lots of help because of it.

That's how forums work. Here's two article I wrote to help you out...

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/29344-tip-help-yourself-get-great-answers-when-you-start-thread.html)

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

:xyxthumbs:

DaHen
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
:welcome: to Autogeek online.

rustytruck
08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Hello from your northern neighbor.

sproketser
08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome aboard

EddieF
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Welcome!!

MikeAOK
08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome. Also from CT

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

BobbyG
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!! :props:

Eandras
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Welcome to AGO. A good read if you can get is Mike Phillips The Art of Detailing.