PDA

View Full Version : Florida water restrictions

Surfer
04-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Can't find the correct info, haven't washed my truck in like 3 weeks. What are the days/times you can wash (obviously for Floridians)? If I understand it's based on the days you can water your lawn, my house is an even number which means you can water the lawn I believe 4-8 am Tues/Thurs/Sun. And if you have to wash a car it can be done 4-8 am or 5-7 pm on the days you can water the lawn....correct?

damn my truck needs a wash bad lol

nick19
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Here, its Saturday and Wednesday. You can water your car any time during the day, as long as there's a nozzle attached. You can also water any new plants/sod every day for up to 3 weeks. And some other mubo-jumbo..

ScottB
04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
changes again on the 13th ... zone 2 rules. Look up South Florida Water Mgmt. Get this, most cities are also imposing a drought tax on the water. These were the idiots who dumped it all last year in prep for hurricane that never made it.

kev1027
04-08-2007, 05:07 PM
http://my.sfwmd.gov/pls/portal/docs/1/10568002.GIF Phase I Residential
Restrictions In Brief

For Lower East Coast (Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade & Monroe) and Upper East Coast (Martin & St. Lucie counties)
Residents with odd-numbered home addresses to water only between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Residents with even-numbered home addresses will be allowed to water between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
In addition, residential users may wash their cars, boats and other equipment from 5-7 p.m., and within the specific times and days where irrigation is allowed. Residents are also asked to observe more aggressive water conservation practices within the home -- such as taking shorter showers, washing full loads in dishwashers and clothes washers, and repairing old or leaky fixtures.

Kelso
04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
im so glad i dont have to worry about neighbors ratting me out cause i am constantly washing my car, bugs are getting worse and im having to drive a lot more lately too... if your truck needs a wash, give it a wash...if you havent done it in 3 weeks, i think youve made up for the lost water of the past 3 weeks!