PDA

View Full Version : My electric pressure washer is dead!

BenSRT
07-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes My Karcher electric pressure washer is dead, and I'm not sure if I buy a other one. I would like to know what do you take to wash your car ? electric pressure washer? standard hose with a nozzle ?

thanks!

rider9195
07-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Pressure washer, unless I am doing a rinseless wash.

It just uses less water then a regular garden hose and leaves less water on the paint whenever I wash my car. Just something I noticed.

GoldBl4d3
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Goto lowes and buy a Greenworks 1700 psi. It is very reliable and well built. I love it. Also it has changable spray patterns like a gas pressure washer and not like those cheap all in one wands.

I have my pressure washer hooked up to my soft water line so I wash my car with softwater, I also took the extention wand and put a fitting so its only the handle.

Here:

Shop Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com (http://www.lowes.com/pd_336396-53393-51012_0__?productId=3295400&Ntt=greenworks&pl=1&currentURL=&facetInfo=)

Prob the best electric pressure washer I have ever used to date.

embolism
07-31-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm in the market for a pressure washer too. How much for that Greenworks model? The link doesn't have a price. Maybe it's b/c I'm in Canada?

I like that it uses an induction motor. Should last longer than the models with brushes...

BenSRT
07-31-2012, 06:58 PM
someone has feedback about Fire hose nozzle?

Blackthorn One
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
I have the Autogeek one. It seems well made and varies from a concentrated stream to a wide spray.

embolism
07-31-2012, 07:27 PM

I have the one where you twist to turn it on rather than the later version that has the lever you pull back on

I like the original rather than the lever since I can turn it on to a light spray with one hand while I work my daytona with the other hand. I turn it to light spray when I'm pulling the brush out so I don't get sprayed by the brush...

Blackthorn One
07-31-2012, 07:41 PM
I have the one where you twist to turn it on rather than the later version that has the lever you pull back on

I like the original rather than the lever since I can turn it on to a light spray with one hand while I work my daytona with the other hand. I turn it to light spray when I'm pulling the brush out so I don't get sprayed by the brush...
If you turn it on and off by twisting, how do you adjust the spray?

embolism
07-31-2012, 08:14 PM
It's just like any other twist nozzle. Keep twisting and you get up to full on jet...

With one hand you can twist it just enough to get a fine spray

Bill1234
07-31-2012, 08:17 PM
The fire hose nozzels are great if you have clean pipes and good connection and non rusted fittings. I use the nelson hose nozzel, its about 10 bucks from home depot, if you want something even better , there is the bullseye nozzle which is very strong and very good

GoldBl4d3
07-31-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm in the market for a pressure washer too. How much for that Greenworks model? The link doesn't have a price. Maybe it's b/c I'm in Canada?

I like that it uses an induction motor. Should last longer than the models with brushes...

It is a very nice washer. It has no lag at the trigger, like most models u hit the trigger and it releases water pressure before coming on. This one doesnt do that.

Also its 190 for this model. But for the cheaper ones its 90-130 but those use the all in one wands.

BenSRT
07-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Well, I'll order a Fire hose nozzle for tried.

thanks guys for your help!

xGaspy
08-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I use an electric one as well. Cleanforce 1800, perfect for the car really. It's small, not loud and has 3 interchangable heads right away & mates up to my foam cannon perfectly. It's $170 from Home Depot and comes with a manufacturer 2 year warranty.