PDA

View Full Version : Best for drying ?

Pages : [1] 2

Wayneezy
07-30-2012, 10:29 PM
I was using a synthetic leather chamois which was garbage. I have since switched to a sheep skin which is amazing. I was just curious what everyone uses and their recommendations.

Buckskincolt
07-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Good waffle weave. The green guzzlers are good. Meguires and Mothers have good ones too.

Elite Pro
07-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I like a waffle weave microfiber towel. I prefer the Cobra Ultimate Guzzler.

Mostly I use the Metro MasterBlaster

vans
08-12-2012, 06:58 AM
I just bought the Absorber Synthetic Chamois, works great, still have to go over everthing twice but I am really impressed with the amount of water it picks up.

I have tried many different types of drying chamois and so far this seems to work the best- I have only used it twice so far

I have some waffle weave towels that work well also, just don't like the fact that when they get wet you are done with them

BobbyG
08-12-2012, 07:13 AM
The Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave towels work great. I recommend washing them before using them as they tend to absorb water better.

For most of my drying I use an electric leaf blower. I can dry a car in less than 10 minutes without ever touching it. :props:

mswerb
08-12-2012, 07:34 AM
If the car I am working on is in bad shape and I'm doing a full detail I'll use the California Water Blade and then follow up with Meguiar's Water Magnet. O'Reilly's Auto Parts has a good version of the Water Magnet I use as well.

Alvin
08-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Mother,s with the foam core it work,s very nice

ScottB
08-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Waffle Weave MF towels ... something like the Green Guzzlers.

bsirbu
08-12-2012, 08:36 AM
If the car has a good coat of wax, you could flood the surface with a garden hose minus any attachments. The cohesive forces between the individual water molecules along with the lack of adhesive forces between the water and the wax (and gravity) will draw most of the water off of the car. Whatever is left can be easily blotted with a soft microfiber or blown off with a metro/leaf blower.

If you really want to be lazy you could even do a final rinse with DI water (or even distilled water). Theoretically if there is minimal dust in the air there shouldn't be any water spots left on the car. However, I haven't used this approach before, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

faulksy
08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I have lots of drying towels but my go to towels are the cobra guzzler for windows and dodo juice orange plush drying towel.

Want a portable blower as no matter how go of a towel or your techniques are you just can't get to all the water

vet
08-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I use a waffle weave mainly. I have two Cobra guzzlers and a couple of cheapie ones from a home center.

Sometimes use a plush drying microfiber.

ssnobrakes
08-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I use an electric leaf blower (from Home Depot 50 bucks)for the seams, lights, glass, wheels and grill. Then I use a large waffle weave mf towel to mop up whatever water is left. :xyxthumbs:

RMM
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
The best method is a touchless one (specially if you have a black car): leaf blower, Metro Vac, etc.
Next best thing: Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy. It has a grammage of 1200g/m²!

DeadlySheds
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I use an electric leaf blower (from Home Depot 50 bucks)for the seams, lights, glass, wheels and grill. Then I use a large waffle weave mf towel to mop up whatever water is left. :xyxthumbs:

Seems there are many here who love the leaf blower method. I recently went out and picked up another leaf blower specifically for drying my truck. Not impressed at all. It does push the water out of seams, but I find it doesn't 'dry' and is cumbersome and slow....

GS2011
08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I use a leaf blower, then a waffle weave towel to finish up.