PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Meg's #5 and #7?

ltoman
04-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Anyone tell me the difference between Meg's number 5 and number 7, please? They appear to be quite the same to me.
Thanks in advance!
Lauren :)

sparkie
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Never have used #5, so I can't tell you the difference. I'm thinking about pulling out an old bottle of #7 I have and using it this week.

milky
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
The only difference I find is that #5 comes off easier for me when used by hand :)

ltoman
04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
so no one else here has any idea?

sparkie
04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
so no one else here has any idea?
PM Al-53 he knows he's stuff!
And when you do that ask him "Do I used Megs#7 or XMT glaze?" Let me know and I will send you some Simoniz. :D

nick19
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Even stumped me, and I rarely get stumped...

I am going to take an educated guess and say its the same makeup, except one or two properties, thus giving the edge to #7. Pretty close to #3 as well..

nick19
04-08-2007, 10:03 PM
#7 has a non-drying oil makeup. The reason it can do this is because it is a non-drying oil. Think about it, when you get a brand new paint job, or if you spray some rattle can paint before it dries it looks wet, because it is.

You want to apply #7 by hand, not machine. #3 Machine Glaze is similar to #7, with not as much oil, but designed for a machine.

First Tip - Apply #7 with a thin coat

The idea is to "Push" the product into the pores of the paint, then wipe off the material remaining on the surface.

Second Tip - Removing #7 requires a special technique, not the same kind of technique you remove a wax with.

Most people remove their wax like this. Start in one area, begin wiping until all of the wax is removed in that area and then move on to virgin territory.

This will not work for #7. The "Act" of removing #7, tends to "Re-liquefy" the product, basically creating the smearing around effect that you experience when you apply it. Instead, "Break" or "Disrupt" the "Continuous" layer of film-build and then move on to a virgin area and "Break this film-build up.

#5 works better in more humid places, and applies even easier than #7, and doesn't require any special technique; just wipe on, wipe off. #7 has a slight advantage in the looks department, giving a bit more gloss and wetness, but #5 is easier to use. If you want to apply by machine, get #3.

Hope this helps...

ltoman
04-08-2007, 10:22 PM
thank you, nick!! i will have to try the #3 as well!

nick19
04-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I have #3... it's alright. Maybe because my car is white.. you should have better luck with red.

BILL
04-09-2007, 07:41 AM
QUOTE: NICK....... The "Act" of removing #7, tends to "Re-liquefy" the product, basically creating the smearing around effect that you experience when you apply it. Instead, "Break" or "Disrupt" the "Continuous" layer of film-build and then move on to a virgin area and "Break this film-build up.

SO JUST KEEP WIPING NEW AREA'S TILL IT DISAPEARS???

nick19
04-09-2007, 07:51 AM
QUOTE: NICK....... The "Act" of removing #7, tends to "Re-liquefy" the product, basically creating the smearing around effect that you experience when you apply it. Instead, "Break" or "Disrupt" the "Continuous" layer of film-build and then move on to a virgin area and "Break this film-build up.

SO JUST KEEP WIPING NEW AREA'S TILL IT DISAPEARS???
Don't wipe like you normally would a wax. Wipe up and down, side to side (left to right), and in circles (clock-wise). The wipe down and up, side to side (right to left), and in circles (counter-clock-wise). Just don't wipe side to side, like when removing a wax.

Removing #7 really gives it the look you're trying to get. If you don't remove it correctly, the results will be marginal.

Larry A
04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
#7 is oily,it dries clear in cracks. #5 is dry, drys white in cracks if applied to heavy, may turn white on trim,is much easier to wipe off.

BILL
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Don't wipe like you normally would a wax. Wipe up and down, side to side (left to right), and in circles (clock-wise). The wipe down and up, side to side (right to left), and in circles (counter-clock-wise). Just don't wipe side to side, like when removing a wax.

Removing #7 really gives it the look you're trying to get. If you don't remove it correctly, the results will be marginal.

Got it........Thanks nick.......:cheers:

Rapidity
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I like #7. I have some living under a layer of max wax right now. They seem to have played nicely with each other. It did seem to mute my flake more than just max wax alone.

ltoman
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I like #7. I have some living under a layer of max wax right now. They seem to have played nicely with each other. It did seem to mute my flake more than just max wax alone.

Hmmmm..... good to know, thank you!

Nick20 and Bill - thanks as well. Bill got stuck on the same part as me! (lol)
Thank you for clarifying!

Lauren:) :applause: