PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise

brilliantB8s4
07-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Hello,
My cousin’s wife has an Acura TSX with black perferated leather seating.

This past weekend someone vomited all over the front passenger seat and floor. This is not as bad as it sounds because they tried to clean it themselves. But I think they may have made the situation worse. So of corse being that detailing is a hobby of mine they come to me for assistance. :doh: However I have never dealt with something of this nature.

The problem I am faced with is they tried to tackle this on their own using baking soda. Now the seating surface has the vomit, and baking soda imbedded into the perforated leather and the seat is a lot harder than the other ones, and it’s completely dry.

Is there anything that can be done with this? I wanted to check in before I start throwing more products on the seat.

Thanks in advance

Jon

EddieF
07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
My buddy once puked all over his car (with cloth seats)and I helped him clean in. I mixed in a spray bottle some laundry detergant and water, then drentched the seat, scrubbed it and sucked it up with a shop vac. I would have probably done the same wth leather. Hope that helps. Just my 2 cents.

rider9195
07-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I would get the Leatherique Kit. From the description it sounds like it would solve the problem of the seat being dry.