PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing a wax!

Kinalyx
07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I recently bought a new car(new to me) and will be doing a paint correction as soon as weather permits....its a bit hot in houston to do a paint correction right now.

Im trying to figure out what wax to get at this point, i have fuzion, but im not a fan, and i tend to like paste wax's more than liquid, although i have 845 and feel it works really well.

The cars color is called Pacific Slate Metallic, and is kind of a mix between charcoal, green and blue. Here is a pic of the color(not my car).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3626436875_1dfff080c6_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/3626437129_448a067891_b.jpg

As you can see there is a decent amount of flake, and i want something that wont darken or lighten the color, but will help make the flake pop.

I really like CG products, but i will use virtually any brand as long as it works, any suggestions?

Shawn

Billy Baldone
07-30-2012, 01:15 PM
I like blacklight followed by Pete's 53 on the wife"s metallic black Cruze
both CG products. And of course V07

cleanmycorolla
07-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a similar color car and in the past have used BlackFire gloss enhancing polish, with BFWD on top of it. Took away some mess visually, and really together the two made the paint pop. My car is a very similar color, a "sea green metallic" thats definitely has some blue in it, and for what it is worth it will be real hard to find swirls in the color , it's almost like a silver or white in that it tends to camoflauge lots of stuff . Again this is all my opinion and of course your paint is different than mine!

Either way nice ride and have fun!

FishyX
07-30-2012, 02:02 PM
My 2011 Ford Edge is a Blue/Green metallic and I was pretty impressed with the depth after switching to Duragloss 105 and their Aquawax.

swanicyouth
07-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Just wondering, why don't you like Fuzion??? Application couldn't be easier, is it not meeting your durability expectations?

I think, "topping" as wax after it cures with something that enhances gloss can subtly add to the look. For this I like Primo Hydro, CG V7, Opti Detailer, or Wet Glaze 2.0.

The WG 2.0 is Ana amazing product on dark colors and can be used on top of your LSP. they call it a "pure gloss enhancer" and it does that well. Don't know why it's so hard to get.

For waxes Dodo Purple Haze Pro, P21S 100%, Zymol Glasur, and Fuzion are what I use. I'm new to Fuzion and I like the looks and ease of application.

The only thing about Fuzion is application and removal are so ridiculously easy, it's hard to believe it lasts at all. I just applied it yesterday for the first time, so time will tell

KneeDragr
07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
I found Pete's 53 to darken paint somewhat.

One wax Ive tried recently that I like is Griots new paste wax.

TimmyG
07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Blacklight + V7

rwright
07-30-2012, 02:31 PM
My 2011 Ford Edge is a Blue/Green metallic and I was pretty impressed with the depth after switching to Duragloss 105 and their Aquawax.

This ^

TheCougarGuy
07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
You can't go wrong with DP Max Wax.

Nappers
07-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Whichever wax you choose with the friendly and good advice, no car will look good without proper paint preparation.

I love your Avatar, love that show!

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

I like Meguiar's waxes and sold on Do Do Juice waxes btw.

ScottB
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
DP Max Wax or Pinnacle SSII would work well. Wolfgang Fuzion is also great with darker metallics.

BobbyG
07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Paste waxes seem to give a metallic finish some extra pop. Collinite 845 is a favorite of mine and if it's working for you at least you have it to fall back on.

Dodo Juice Supernatural
Pete's 53
Fuzion
BlackFire Midnight Sun

If your looking for a super wet gloss lay down a sealant then wax over it...

A killer combination that's hard to beat...

Duragloss 501
Duragloss 601
Duragloss 105