PDA

View Full Version : Soft Brushes for Vehicles

RChicago
07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I know about microfiber and the great wash mitts the geek has. What I am wondering is what can I use that has a pole attached to it that won't mar or scratch the paint.

Tom

Largebore
07-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I know about microfiber and the great wash mitts the geek has. What I am wondering is what can I use that has a pole attached to it that won't mar or scratch the paint.

Tom

Boar's Hair

Montana Original Boar’s Hair Car Wash Brushes is a soft, gentle car wash brush for cars, trucks, SUVs, and boats. (http://www.autogeek.net/boar-s-hair.html)

sunday joe
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Tom

I bought a Horse Hair wash brush, the kind that screws on to the garden hose in the spring of 1962. I have used it exclusively till abou 8 or 9 years ago. In all that time i don't think it has lost a hair. The water OFF- On switch no longer works. It cost about $4.00 at the time. It was about $2;00 more than run of the mill brushes. It's still a good brush.
I had only heard of washing with the 2 bucket system about 2 years ago. When I first read of it, I thought this must be a joke. It seemed like a ritual to me. I found out they weren't kidding.

Buckskincolt
07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Don't get a boars hair brush unless you plan to soak it in hot soapy water for 30 minutes prior to using it. I've found that unless you do you will scratch the paint. Just my lesson learned .02