PDA

View Full Version : Door Guard

soccer05
07-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Has anyone used this before? http://www.autogeek.net/parsmarmagdo.html (http://www.autogeek.net/parsmarmagdo.html)

My car is parked outside my house and I am scared my neighbor is going to ding my car everytime he opens his door.

tuscarora dave
07-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I haven't used it but it looks like a good way to prevent your fears from becoming a reality. The purchase is much cheaper than the repair would be if he/she did ding your car.

soccer05
07-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah but I am just wondering how easy this is to install and remove.

mleun481
07-30-2012, 09:29 AM
I considered this but wasn't sure how well the suction cups would work so I ended up getting Door Shox. I put them on every time theres a possibility of someone parking next to me. They're pricey, though.

soccer05
07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Wow those Door Shox are really pricey.

Setec Astronomy
07-30-2012, 11:00 AM
My friend Jr. had the magnetic version. She stopped using them when she scratched her door one day by accidently sliding it when the car was dirty. I guess the car has to be pretty clean for the suction cups to stick at all, and I imagine there is still some danger of sliding them when installing/removing.

I wonder if they changed to the suction cups because of the sliding issue or if too many people with aluminum or plastic doors complained?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
I feel like its a gamble that you place it at the right height that a random other door is going to hit you.

Setec Astronomy
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I feel like its a gamble that you place it at the right height that a random other door is going to hit you.

That's a really good point, not only are they not very long, but there is so much variation in vehicle heights and door configurations (as opposed to 30 years ago when there were very few truck, SUV's, and minivans) that you can get dings in weird places.

soccer05
07-30-2012, 11:17 AM

That is a very good point. My neighbor sometimes parks his SUV next to me or sometimes he parks his sedan.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I've seen it happen while I was sitting in my slightly lifted truck that a car opened the door and BAM hit right into my running boards haha. I'm sure that prevents a lot of dings for me but I do have one that must have come to an equally high vehicle, but I would have no way of guessing where to put those things. I mean farthest sticking out body line would be a good guess but what about a car door that is curved for a wheel well? That's like a dagger just waiting to curve over the body line and slam into you haha.