PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Mustang, Full Correction.

331TwistedWedge
07-29-2012, 09:07 PM
I started this Friday night, worked on it all day Saturday and finished up around 3pm today. Full Correction and a quicky on the interior.

Is it me or no matter what compound/swirl remover you buy, you end up going back to the Megs 105? ... Just found out using the Megs Ultimate Compound mixed with the 105 makes life sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier ...

Rotary
Megs 105 mixed with Ultimate Compound (Menz PG1000 needed multiple passes)
Yellow CCS Foam Pad
Menz po85rd
Orange CCS Foam Pad
Pinnacle Signature Series II Wax
Sealed with Wizards Show-n-Shine (i like this stuff)
Aqua Wax on the rims
Megs Tire Shine
Turtle Wax Trim Restorer ($6, Ive always wanted to try this stuff)

Car came to me pink (oxidized) and loaded with swirls. I think there were swirls inside of swirls and the swirls made little swirl babies. The car was almost white from oxidation on the roof. Im so proud of myself, lol ..........

Thx for looking............sorry i dont have any before pics.

(and) thanks for every ones help as i post up questions..........

Rsurfer
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Nice job. Wow, 105, UC and PG1000 with a yellow pad on a rotary..sounds like the paint was hammered.

statusdetailing
07-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Definitely would have liked to see some before pics, but it looks great for an old Mustang. Looks Good!

I'm not a turtle wax fan, but how did that trim restorer work for you? I'd be interested to see how permanently it restored the trim.

331TwistedWedge
07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Definitely would have liked to see some before pics, but it looks great for an old Mustang. Looks Good!

I'm not a turtle wax fan, but how did that trim restorer work for you? I'd be interested to see how permanently it restored the trim.

i thought the turtle wax went on kind of greasy, its a thick clear gel ... you're suppose to be in the sunlight when you apply it, then buff it back off with a micro fiber towel ... it buffed out kind of smooth and not too streaky, lets see how long it lasts (they claim 3 months) ... the overall look is natural, you cant really tell the trim is restored by a gel ... for $6 i was going to give it a whirl ...

statusdetailing
07-31-2012, 02:39 AM
i thought the turtle wax went on kind of greasy, its a thick clear gel ... you're suppose to be in the sunlight when you apply it, then buff it back off with a micro fiber towel ... it buffed out kind of smooth and not too streaky, lets see how long it lasts (they claim 3 months) ... the overall look is natural, you cant really tell the trim is restored by a gel ... for $6 i was going to give it a whirl ...

For six bucks it's worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

BobbyG
07-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Yahoo, a rotary AND some pretty aggressive compounds!! That's the way to step up the paint correction!! :props: It's sounds like a single stage paint because if the level of oxidation.

Some of the over the counter stuff works pretty well and it never hurts to take some for a test drive....

The Mustang did come out great and I'll bet someone was awfully surprised!! :props: