PDA

View Full Version : Reusing your applicators after wax application????

chemguy626
07-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey i wanted to get some opinions on this. When i wax a car the paint is always clean. Alot of the wax it still in the applicator when I am done. What I have been doing is immediately after waxing a car I put the applicator in a sealed sandwich bag and label it so when I use that wax again the applicator is already primed and I can just start applying it. Of course if I drop it that applicator gets at least washed if not thrown out. Do you guys do this or see any harm in it?

feslope
07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Hey i wanted to get some opinions on this. When i wax a car the paint is always clean. Alot of the wax it still in the applicator when I am done. What I have been doing is immediately after waxing a car I put the applicator in a sealed sandwich bag and label it so when I use that wax again the applicator is already primed and I can just start applying it. Of course if I drop it that applicator gets at least washed if not thrown out. Do you guys do this or see any harm in it?+1

Rsurfer
07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Depending on the wax, I've had black mold grow inside of the bag.

statusdetailing
07-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Depending on the wax, I've had black mold grow inside of the bag.

I have also discovered that you can get a mold problem by leaving an applicator in the wax container or in a plastic bag. Especially if it's left in a warm environment. It shouldn't be a problem for a week or so, but much longer and you can get some funky stuff going on. I usually just clean mine up and let them dry.

rider9195
07-29-2012, 09:21 PM
You can still wash it with some APC. I would think the wax would dry in the pad some.

statusdetailing
07-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Some waxes may be prone to molding, while others aren't. Not sure.

Snowdrifter
07-29-2012, 09:58 PM
I soak my applicators in hot soap water for an hour or 2, scrub it underwater, rinse, and dry. Good as new

ArkayoDeetayo
07-29-2012, 11:22 PM
I run it under warm water, spray some APC (OPC) on, agitate it with my hands (with disposable gloves), rinse, repeat, after 3-4 rinses, its good as new