PDA

View Full Version : car soap

Pages : [1] 2

cosmo e46
04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
who out there can recomend a good car wash soap? i'm looking for one that rinse's clean w/o any water spots?:confused:

Surfer
04-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Duragloss #901 and Poorboys SSS rock:righton:

orngez
04-07-2007, 10:01 PM
for otc stuff...megs nxt or gold class are great....pb sss is also great...i just recently discovered (today that is) adding onr to your wash soap really does "soften" the water and reduces spotting...

kastanaras
04-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I have used both Megs Gold Class and Megs Nxt and both are good car soap.

At moment using Megs Nxt and it creates plenty of suds, lots of lubrication and one of best smelling car washes I have used.

shadybreal
04-07-2007, 10:35 PM
CG citrus wash and gloss for washing before protecting, and DG 902 to maintain your shine and protection. AL53 will 2nd this recommendation.

Jimmie
04-07-2007, 10:38 PM

:iagree: :iagree: Those are the two that I like.

ltoman
04-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Ok, well - what do you want to spend and do you want to order or just go to Kragen?
I LOVE Pinnacle bodywork shampoo. If you want something that truly is not going to help you add swirls, this is it. I mix it with a little Duragloss 901.
Then a little goes a long way with each.
I just tried one I liked in sample form - Detailer's Pride - DP - extreme foam- little goes a LOG way, but not as much lubricity - but not bad.

Does that help at all?
Hope so.
Everyone is going to have their own answer here. Trying them is the best way to see what is your favorite.
As for OTC, I do not use any of that on my vette and I generally wash her once a week; I do the rest of the cars too, including the beaters, but not with the same stuff.

supercharged
04-08-2007, 02:01 AM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

klumzypinoy
04-08-2007, 02:02 AM
Great OTC wash is Duragloss Concentrated Car Wash #901. You can find those in Car Quest if you want OTC. Autogeek also has it. If ordering online, consider Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds. I have used it and it's great. Both DG 901 and PB's SS&S are nice and slippery. I like SS&S for it's foaming and concentration. Both also rinse nice and clean.

Do you mean you wanna let ur car air dry without water spotting? You won't be able to do that unless you have deionized water, which I believe is an expensive setup.

sparkie
04-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Do you mean you wanna let ur car air dry without water spotting? You won't be able to do that unless you have deionized water, which I believe is an expensive setup.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

mixxer
04-08-2007, 07:23 AM
poorboys is the best ive used.

jmillican
04-08-2007, 09:06 AM
for otc stuff...megs nxt or gold class are great....pb sss is also great...i just recently discovered (today that is) adding onr to your wash soap really does "soften" the water and reduces spotting...

How much ONR did you add?

RallyMSP
04-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Is DG harse on waxes like NXT? I'm currently using Black Magic and it killed the 2 coats of Liquid Soverans slickness.

Surfer
04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Is DG harse on waxes like NXT? I'm currently using Black Magic and it killed the 2 coats of Liquid Soverans slickness.No, DG and PB's are quite gentle, both are noticeably slicker and sudsy. NXT has good cleaning ability but it is harsh, I only use it on strip downs. Or what you could do also if nedd an little xtra "ummpph" add some Poorboys Bug Squash to any of the washes, won't really harm the lsp but cleans like heck.

I think Duragloss actually leaves a slightly nicer shine compared to PB's, something in the wash leaves like a layer behind of polymer or something.

ltoman
04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Is DG harse on waxes like NXT? I'm currently using Black Magic and it killed the 2 coats of Liquid Soverans slickness.

Yah, I am not surprised. If I were you, imho, I would stick away from that stuff. Give it away or mix small amounts in with one of the others mentioned here.

WHY does no one else here like Pinnacle? The quality is unsurpassed. Everyone should at least try it......
All those others are good too. I tend to mix to be cheap.