PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Towel Suggestions

My Detailing Guys
07-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Checking out AG's microfiber towel section, and there are so many to choices from, just not sure which ones to get. Looking for some suggestions on the best microfiber towels to purchase for the following categories;

Cleaning,
Polishing,
Applying Spray Wax,
Removing Wax/ Compounds,
Drying,
Buffing, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Greg

ScottB
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Check the BOGO section to help start a collection. Purple Jrs, rolled edges, and Sonus towels are all nice additions also.

dad07
07-28-2012, 08:18 PM
the rolled edge towels are awsome for just about anything and the best bang for the buck !

c5errr
07-29-2012, 01:13 PM
imo meguiars microfiber towels are very soft and nice for everything
but always make sure to seperate compound towels from wax towels from waterless or washing towels

soccer05
07-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Def the rolled edge blue ones.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AG Online

My Detailing Guys
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I was considering setting up a color system with the towels so when I have a helper, I can just tell them what color to grab. Anyone have a system like this in place?

Need to check out the rolled edges, I've never tried those.

In your opinion, are there any brands to stay away from?

Thanks for the input.

Greg

rider9195
07-29-2012, 01:52 PM
The rolled edged ones are the bomb. Stay away from the ones in Walmart or Auto Zone as they aren't good on paint. But you could use them for door jambs and such.

I know Chemical Guys has their Workhorse towels. Blue is for windows, green for exterior, and yellow for interior. Nicely priced as well.

c5errr
07-30-2012, 12:23 AM
I was considering setting up a color system with the towels so when I have a helper, I can just tell them what color to grab. Anyone have a system like this in place?

Need to check out the rolled edges, I've never tried those.

In your opinion, are there any brands to stay away from?

Thanks for the input.

Greg

yes i have
green for compounds and abrasives
light blue for glazes
blue rolled edges for wax
meguiars yellow microfiber as all purpose (except wheels)
brown for interior

rwright
07-30-2012, 01:29 AM
From Autogeek I use the Griot's Wax Removal Cloth to remove compound and polishes, sometimes I'll use the Supreme 530's for rinseless washing or even QD's, and the black towels for wheels. I'm still using the old Cobra Indigo's as well.