PDA

View Full Version : plastic bumper tear and rip advice

wangotango
07-28-2012, 06:37 PM
On the front of my car is the typical painted plastic bumper, rubberized plastic, whatever. One spot shows a cut or a slice and another spot shows more of a rip from some highway debris I'd guess. Pics enclosed.
It is a new car, paint is in great shape, and I keep it clean, sealed, and waxed.
If I can get some touch up paint what would be my procedure for this plastic repair?

Rsurfer
07-28-2012, 07:14 PM
You are down to the primer..you will need to build up with touch-up paint, wet sand and buff. There are many good threads on this type of repair.

wangotango
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
exactly Rsurfer....got a little wound up I s'pose.
I know better.....searching now......thanks!

Paintxpert
07-29-2012, 03:59 PM
You actually need a body shop if you want it perfect. No touch-up is going to ever look perfect. Good Luck!

Paintxpert
07-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I know some people touch up and sand.....BUT your car looks nice. Keep it that way. This procedure is NOT for newbies. In fact I have been doing this over forty years. These touch-ups rarely look OK. BUT ALL THE BEST!

Paintxpert
07-29-2012, 04:03 PM
They are always a shade or two off. Hard to get smooth. Just my take on things. I confess I have seen some good work on touch-ups on this site.

After Hours
07-29-2012, 07:01 PM
That looks cracked All the way through. Looks like u need a bodyshop to repair & paint it.