PDA

View Full Version : Leather Master Strong Leather Kit

ozziepuppy
07-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I had been working on an off-white leather couch for several days. I used the Macguire cleaner and conditioner with my steam cleaner: put on the cleaner and then steamed over it. That resulted in a "muddy" runoff--kind of gray in color--which I wiped off with terry towels. There was a noticeable difference in the leather color depending on where I had cleaned. However, there were some spots on the cushions where the color was still uneven. Some parts were not coming completely clean. Re-doing it did not help. So I ordered the Leather Master Strong Leather Kit from Autogeek in hopes of being able to finish the job.

However, I have applied the cleaner and worked it with the kit brush and then wiped it off several times, but I do not see any difference in the way the couch looks. I am wondering if anyone would have any suggestions as to how to use this kit most effectively. Thank you!

ScubaCougr
07-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Pictures might help, but it could also be that you've done all you can do. If there is sun damage, worn spots or other issues, it might be beyond cleaning and to the redye stage of wear.

Twister
07-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I'd try a terry cloth towel with the cleaner. It might give a little more "bite" to clean.

I use a Autglym HiTech pad which offers more cleaning power. It's not sold anymore but I think something like terry cloth might be a good alternative

ozziepuppy
07-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks. I don't think there is sun damage but it has not been cleaned in a while and had dirt from dogs and people on it, so it may be at its limit as far as getting it really clean (who in their right mind buys a white leather couch anyway?). I used both the cleaning pads sent with the kit and also terry towels as well as some microfiber. I agree the terry is preferred.