PDA

View Full Version : Sealant to make flake pop?

Hammondc
07-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I have Souvran Signature I. This used to do wonders for the flake on a black Tacoma I had. New car has a pretty heavy flake to it. It seems like the industry has had a definite shift towards sealant/polymer technology. However, most of these just give a candy coated look.

Is there a sealant/polymer that gives a more warm glow that makes the flake pop? I'd use the Souvran, but I'd like to try some of the new products on the market over top.

Hondaforlife954
07-27-2012, 10:35 PM
I have Souvran Signature I. This used to do wonders for the flake on a black Tacoma I had. New car has a pretty heavy flake to it. It seems like the industry has had a definite shift towards sealant/polymer technology. However, most of these just give a candy coated look.

Is there a sealant/polymer that gives a more warm glow that makes the flake pop? I'd use the Souvran, but I'd like to try some of the new products on the market over top.

One product I use all the time is menzerna power lock sealant....
Head to my site and click on my link to Facebook .. I used it on my wife's jeep and looks and feels amazing

RhetoricMixes
07-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I can definitely vouch for power lock as its my go to sealant. Makes my flake pop like crazy.

IID
07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
If the paint is well prep'd/polished,I don't know of a sealant that will not make the flakes pop?
It's all in the prep :)

Rsurfer
07-28-2012, 12:15 AM
:iagree:100%
If the paint is well prep'd/polished,I don't know of a sealant that will not make the flakes pop?

BobbyG
07-28-2012, 05:55 AM

:iagree: BINGO!! :iagree:

Hammondc
07-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys. Brand new paint so prep will be easy. has not even ben washed for the first time yet. Iron-X, Clay, mild polish/glaze, LSP.

Hammondc
07-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Finally jumped back on board with an order once the free shipping went live.

Megs Hyper Wash 128oz
Menzerna Power Lock
Car Pro Iron X
Wolfgang ETS
3 Pack Cobra gold towels
LC Red 5.5" Pad
DuraGloss Aquawax
Optimum Waterless Wash + 20oz
Optimum Waterless Wash Concentrate.

Good start I guess....

brawl
07-29-2012, 10:40 PM