PDA

View Full Version : halogen on white /light colors

BILL
04-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Just noticed to day its very hard to check paint correction using the halogen on light color finishs....or is it my eyes???:confused:

cullen2505
04-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I would like some input on this as well. I have two light silver cars and it's difficult to see ANY product that I put on it. I tried polishing a white car this weekend using OP and PwS. Tough to tell when the product has broken down because I can't see it when I first put it on to begin with. Any suggestions?

orngez
04-07-2007, 08:19 PM
light colored cars are definitely a challenge when it comes to seeing product and defects on the paint....they reflect to much of the light back into your eyes...although still not easy to see as dark colors you will find better results in lining up your lights at a 45 to 60 degree angle to the paint...and the look at the paint from the opposite angle...dont look exactly into the reflection of the light but more the "halo" it creates

Gary Sword
04-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I use halogen lights when I do my cars including my white cars. Light cars are hard to do without the right light. I seems I always have to move the light to get it at the right angle so I can see what I'm doing on the white ones. Having both florescent and halogen lighting works good.

BILL
04-08-2007, 07:10 AM
I would like some input on this as well. I have two light silver cars and it's difficult to see ANY product that I put on it. I tried polishing a white car this weekend using OP and PwS. Tough to tell when the product has broken down because I can't see it when I first put it on to begin with. Any suggestions?

.Less light im finding out may be better....i have to experiment, shading etc.

BILL
04-08-2007, 07:12 AM
light colored cars are definitely a challenge when it comes to seeing product and defects on the paint....they reflect to much of the light back into your eyes

RIGHT..... NOW IM SURE ITS NOT ONLY MY SET UP...BUT THE BACK IN YOUR EYES REFLECTION...

...although still not easy to see as dark colors you will find better results in lining up your lights at a 45 to 60 degree angle to the paint...and the look at the paint from the opposite angle...dont look exactly into the reflection of the light but more the "halo" it creates

GOOD IDEA.......THANKS I'LL TRY THAT......:cheers:

BILL
04-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I use halogen lights when I do my cars including my white cars. Light cars are hard to do without the right light. I seems I always have to move the light to get it at the right angle so I can see what I'm doing on the white ones. Having both florescent and halogen lighting works good.

I also have over head fluorescents, but moving that halogen around with the upper lights shining down is what i'll have to do.....
also the angle as mentioned by ORNGEZ is a good idea...

cullen2505
04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to get a set of halogens because it's not cutting it without them.

BILL
04-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to get a set of halogens because it's not cutting it without them.

HOME DEPOT HAS A SALE...picked up a HUSKY 500 watt halogen $9.98

check it out...;)