PDA

View Full Version : what sequence?

Ridebyshootings
05-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Hello, got my order for the 6 pack of xmt pinnacle stuff today along with some polishing wheels pads for my porter cable buffer. What is the correct procedure to do this? I will clay bar first. Forgot to ask for the product book som im asking y'all. The do i go 321 or 123 with the xmt stuff? Finish up with the glaze then go over it with my pinnacle paste polish? This will be done to my 98 ford ranger and it is black and pretty shiney now. Looking forward to getting started after work tomorrow and throughout the weekend! Thanks for the input! Andrew in South Carolina.

Neothin
05-18-2006, 09:00 PM
you'll more than likely need to use #2, and then follow up with #1. #3 should be used for only the really bad stuff.

after polishing with #1, you can use a finishing pad to apply the carnauba finishing glaze.

afte rthat, you can layer a coat of wax on top.

use the blue spray to soften up a pad the first time you use it.

use the red spray to clean the pads when your done with them.

Ridebyshootings
05-19-2006, 05:05 AM
good morning, thanks for the help! Were going on Vacation over the holiday weekend and want my wifes truck to look good! Andrew

ScottB
05-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Looks like Neo's got this one covered. Just remember with polishes the most abrasive is a compound and least abrasive is a finishing polish. Never try and use the most abrasive, when not necessary. Same thing with pads, never jump to a cutting pad (orange) when a polishing pad (white) will do. It will become much easier the more you use the PC and each polish.