PDA

View Full Version : Polishes for 3401 please

TANTO
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
First post. History with perfect-it/waffle pad/air rotary. As the clearcoat is getting too thin on my 91 black flattened out NSX, I just bought the flex 3401 and hope to find a polish for it that will equal the perfect-it if possible(?). I will also be doing a gray RDX and an old near perfect 91 red met Previa. I will be using the 3401 on all three. All are in excellent condition and will need only the finest polish similar to Perfect-it. What polishes/pad combo should I try?

While my first target is the polishes, the RDX and Previa will likely see a long lasting sealant and the NSX top coat to be determined. Since I’m an old 61 years I’ve experienced some sealant nightmares so the NSX may stay carnuba.

The NSX was abused a bit when I got it and it’s soft acura black paint is totally flat and incredibly unforgiving so using as few layers as possible is imperative as simply removing the polish, or wax is difficult without scratching. Even 3m’s hand glaze milks the polished surface. FYI best combo to date has been perfect it dark raw followed by the emollient laden Zymol Titanium. But it’s time to re-evaluate all for an even less abrasive and easier(?) system.

I’ll come back with this later, but one thing I’d love to find is a wax that works well with detailers. The megs 34 I’ve used seems to remove the waxes I’ve used. While using a detailer on this black often is asking for trouble, there are just times when you have no choice. TIA!!