PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Ultimate System- 3 Step

Pages : [1] 2

Bosta
07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone have any experience with this 3-step system? Just wondering if there is a time period I should wait in between applying each step.

It doesn't say anything about waiting on the directions; however, I've read places that you should wait hours between applying the glaze and wax of other products.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

KneeDragr
07-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Not many people here use OTC products. Its probably pretty decent though. Just follow the instructions from the manufacturer.

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not aware of there being a 3-step system in the Ultimate line...are you thinking of the Deep Crystal 3-step system? That contains a cleaner, polish (glaze), and a wax. If you are talking about Deep Crystal, no, there is no waiting period between any of the steps.

Alvin
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
No time period in between then

Bunky
07-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Mothers has a 3 step system.

1. Pre-Wax Cleaner now called Pure Polish (liquid)
2. Sealer and Glaze now called Micro Polishing Glaze (liquid)
3. Pure Carnuaba (paste or liquid)

You do not need to wait between any step.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2220_526301219.gof

brawl
07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax?

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Sorry guys, somehow I read the title as "Meguiar's" :o

mwoolfso
07-26-2012, 08:49 PM
I have used this system before; still active in my arsenal today for that matter. No need to wait, there are no cure times to consider; just drying times.

I hope you are going to clay the car first. If you do that, then put 2 layers of Step 2. You will not be disappointed.

mwoolfso
07-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Not many people here use OTC products. Its probably pretty decent though. Just follow the instructions from the manufacturer.

Duragloss, Mothers, Meguiars, Collinite, 303, etc... their products are sold in retail outlets as well as online like Amazon, AGO, etc... At what point does OTC really matter (rhetorical). Enjoy the day!

Bosta
07-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Perfect. Thanks, guys. Gonna wash/ clay/ and Mothers the car tomorrow.

brawl
07-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Sorry guys, somehow I read the title as "Meguiar's" :o

I am guilty also. "Ultimate" got my attention, and you were the first to reply with a company name. Meguiars Deep Crystal System vs. Mothers Ultimate System. :D

Paul Mitchell
07-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I have used this system before; still active in my arsenal today for that matter. No need to wait, there are no cure times to consider; just drying times.

I hope you are going to clay the car first. If you do that, then put 2 layers of Step 2. You will not be disappointed.

I agree with this post. Step 2 can hide some real issues on a car. Be careful around your trim as Mothers products may leave a residue on the trim that you'll have to clean off later.

mwoolfso
07-27-2012, 05:34 AM
I agree with this post. Step 2 can hide some real issues on a car. Be careful around your trim as Mothers products may leave a residue on the trim that you'll have to clean off later.

That's right.... Step 1 will stain trim!!!!! Step 2 will not; at least in my experience. Step 2 also has some fillers in it; which works for "the OTC crowd" I guess. LOL

KneeDragr
07-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Duragloss, Mothers, Meguiars, Collinite, 303, etc... their products are sold in retail outlets as well as online like Amazon, AGO, etc... At what point does OTC really matter (rhetorical). Enjoy the day!

I never said it mattered, just that most people on this forum do not use the products sold at most auto stores. If AutoZone or Advance sold Collonite, Duragloss and 303 I would be ecstatic, but they dont.

mwoolfso
07-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I never said it mattered, just that most people on this forum do not use the products sold at most auto stores. If AutoZone or Advance sold Collonite, Duragloss and 303 I would be ecstatic, but they dont.

I was not clear enough, sorry. Many people on this forum use OTC products, and I listed several brands. To your point, there are certain brands that do not show up in the retail (OTC) channel; Prima, CarPro, Optimum, Mothers/Meguiars professional lines, etc... AGO carries both; hence the forum members likely use both.