PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in or around Indianapolis?

ShineTimeDetail
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Just checking to see if anyone has heard any new word on there water restriction. I am supposed to be doing a huge Camaro show next weekend but if there is a water restriction I wont be allowed to use there water.

ryanbabz71
07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Yep there hasn't been a change in weeks. I can guarantee it will not be lifted in time for the Fest :(. We need 7-8 inches of rain over a period of a few wks

Sorry man bring lots of waterless wash. I am doing my truck and car in the garage with onr

Ryan

Largebore
07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Indianapolis code enforcement officers trolled city neighborhoods answering complaints about unlawful lawn watering today.

Code enforcement spokeswoman Kate Johnson said she would not know how many citations were issued until Monday, after the property owners had been formally notified and paperwork was finished.

Three water inspectors were on the job and 24 property inspectors were chipping in if they came across violations.

The inspectors also were coordinating with Citizens Water to pinpoint large property owners, including businesses, who might be in violation.

“Citizens can tell us areas with unusually high water usage and we go out there to take a look,” she said.

The ban, which began at noon Friday, prohibits watering of grass and washing of cars.

Nurseries, golf courses, commercial car washes and some city parks are exempt.

People who violate the ban face fines ranging from $100 to $500 or more.

Citizens Water spokesman Dan Considine said water usage has dropped by about 20 million gallons since the ban began.

However, the utility also noted that water levels in area reservoirs continue to drop -- down by more than 5 feet in Morse Reservoir, and about 2 feet in Geist and Eagle Creek reservoirs.

The 20 million gallons represents about a 10 percent reduction from the day before.

The first mandatory ban in the city’s history, he said.

“We’ve had voluntary bans before but never needed to go this far,” he said. “This is a very serious drought, an extreme level drought."

Call Star reporter John Tuohy at (317) 444-6303.

IOMCAMARO
07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Huge is an understatement. ;) be prepared haha. I'll be there from KY!

2old2change
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
A small storm front moved through the state today and completely missed the Indianapolis area. The camp grounds for this weekends Rolex and Nascar race are not allowing campfires.A few surrounding towns on independent water supplies are not restricting but they are few and far between.

Y2KSVT
07-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Just 2 hours north of Indy, we've had 4 good solid days of rain in the past 7-8 days. We never had any water restrictions here in Fort Wayne, and the burn-ban is being lifted tomorrow at noon. This has been a horrible year in terms of heat and precipitation in the midwest. Can't wait for fall!

IOMCAMARO
07-26-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm around an hour and 45 minutes south of Indy and we haven't had a burn ban at all. We had some nice rain right before they've thought about a ban each time.

2old2change
07-26-2012, 10:04 PM
I live out west of the downtown area and two or three times lately friends within 5-10 miles have called to claim they were getting rain and never a drop at my place except for a some small sprinkles that just messed up our windshields. :(

ryanbabz71
07-27-2012, 10:05 PM
It poured today at work and on my way home (rockville road east of 465). Didnt get much at all at home.

It is dry, hurts to walk barefoot around the yard :(