PDA

View Full Version : AutoGeek isn't just for cars! ...Cleaning around the house too!

ComradeGrumbles
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I have recently found that Chemical Guy's V7 works like a charm on keyboards, computers, and other plastic electronics! I found that it gives a really slick and clean feeling to the keys on my laptop, and works excellently on the glass of the screen. (Except for the increased shine and glare in the sun of course...)

Although I doubt it would be good to use it on a soft LCD screen, it seems that my Auto Products can do just about anything around the house.

I've also found that various leather products for car seats work much better than leather conditioners I've found at home stores. I use Pinnacle's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner in my living room.

Who else finds that their auto products are just as useful around the house as they are in the garage? And what do you use them for?

ComradeGrumbles

Bigbull2984
07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
BF apc works amazing on carpet and in the kithchen. BF microfiber wash works great on getting blood stains out out of white hospital coats. If you are a doctor it's great. Spray it on stain and wash as normal. This is how I justify my autogeek purchases to my wife :)

RhetoricMixes
07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
I use Chemical Guys Fabric Clean for carpet stains around the house and their Extreme Orange APC to clean my stove. I also use Wolfgang leather cleaner and conditioner for my leather furniture also. I also found that Optimum Opti Clean works great as a general cleaner around the house as well :)

mwoolfso
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Simple Green & Megs APC+ for carpets, work table, doors, plastics and walls

Clay, Mothers sealer and OCW for the fish tank and mirrors

oldmodman
07-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Did you know that if you OptiCoat 2.0 the inside of the toilet bowl that nothing sticks on it!

And PO85rd does a great job of jeweling the washer and dryer.

pixelmonkey
07-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Did you know that if you OptiCoat 2.0 the inside of the toilet bowl that nothing sticks on it!

And PO85rd does a great job of jeweling the washer and dryer.
i'm always the one to clean the toilets... wonder if she'll try to send me to a funny farm if i try the OC on a toilet.

then again... I'm thinking my neighbors might expect me to try polishing the washer/dryer.
guess i have enough cars & trucks cycling around to keep me from going that far.

used some 303 carpet/upholstery cleaner the other night when a drink spilled
used 303 aerospace for the keyboard and mouse
added a coat of Collinite 845 to the top of my laptop
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

flyinion
07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Yep OPC makes a great cleaner when you have something really stuck. I used it once to take fake Halloween blood out of some patio furniture. Not the cloth part but some worn metal that is either some kind of coating or really cracked & faded paint but seems porous.