PDA

View Full Version : Turning paste wax to liquid??

Snowdrifter
07-26-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm just wondering if there is a way to turn paste wax into liquid wax. Like some sort of mild solvent or liquid I can add to it?

I want to do this because I have a almost full tin of paste wax, but I can't use it very well with my polisher. If I try and knock it out of the can, it just crumbles.

Yes, I could go out and get liquid wax, but I would like to be able to use with with my DA since it would avoid having 2 of the same type of wax laying around (I'm not a heavy duty detailer like you guys, I don't have a collection. I use one thing, when that runs out, I get another :) )

kemefk
07-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm just wondering if there is a way to turn paste wax into liquid wax. Like some sort of mild solvent or liquid I can add to it?

I want to do this because I have a almost full tin of paste wax, but I can't use it very well with my polisher. If I try and knock it out of the can, it just crumbles.

Yes, I could go out and get liquid wax, but I would like to be able to use with with my DA since it would avoid having 2 of the same type of wax laying around (I'm not a heavy duty detailer like you guys, I don't have a collection. I use one thing, when that runs out, I get another :) )

May I suggest that you can use a small foam pad, pick up some paste wax and then transfer it to your polisher. I have done it with my Meguiar's GC Paste Wax and it works great!

embolism
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
maybe you can save an old deodorant stick then melt and pour your paste wax into it (might have to seal the bottom of the stick with some beeswax or something).

Once it re-hardens, voila, turn the knob to bring the paste wax up then spread it around on your pad...

Snowdrifter
07-26-2012, 11:50 AM
maybe you can save an old deodorant stick then melt and pour your paste wax into it (might have to seal the bottom of the stick with some beeswax or something).

Once it re-hardens, voila, turn the knob to bring the paste wax up then spread it around on your pad...

What a great idea!!

Snowdrifter
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Just did it. Waiting for the wax to set.
I'll let you guys know how it turns out!
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/chance1525/Mobile%20Uploads/S__4E30.jpg

embolism
07-26-2012, 01:24 PM
you went and hollowed out a perfectly good stick of deodorant didn't you? :)

Snowdrifter
07-26-2012, 01:28 PM
you went and hollowed out a perfectly good stick of deodorant didn't you? :)

...Not going to answer that lol