PDA

View Full Version : Desert car care?

1SicGolfROwner
07-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I have a 2012 VW Golf R that is Carbon Steel Grey Metallic and the issue I have in the desert is so much dust. Even if I am detailing in a garage which I try only to do there is just dust. I have already used 3M scrach remover once because of micro scratches because of the amount of detailing I need to do to keep this car looking good. Is there anything that can be used to keep the dust off? Good anti static waxes? I don't know much about these. I mainly detail with a few gallons of spring water, detailers pride waterless wash and gloss, then I will clay if needed but maybe only once a month and will use a spray wax like turtle wax premium then detail spray like turtle wax premium. The main reason I don't use the rub on wax is because dust and rubbing it all around with dust under the applicator pad just doesn't make sense and leads to more micro scratches.

Setec Astronomy
07-25-2012, 10:47 PM
And here I thought it would be cool to live where it doesn't rain. Guess I was wrong. And rattlesnakes and scorpions, too!

1SicGolfROwner
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I was raised in Jersey and honestly I'd rather deal with the pollen instead of dust. At least pollen doesn't scratch paint haha

Setec Astronomy
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh man, you got out? I didn't know you were allowed to leave here!

PS

Sorry, I appropriated an old Jake Johannsen joke, about growing up in Iowa or somewhere in the midwest "I lived there until I was 22...it took a while before I realized I was free to go."

1SicGolfROwner
07-25-2012, 11:00 PM
The Army moves you places you never suspect you will go

Setec Astronomy
07-25-2012, 11:04 PM
The Army moves you places you never suspect you will go

Ah yes, I want to be an Airborne Ranger, I want to live a life of danger, sound off...

Sorry, it's been a long day, sort of.

Jomax
07-26-2012, 12:24 AM
And here I thought it would be cool to live where it doesn't rain. Guess I was wrong. And rattlesnakes and scorpions, too!

Lol, it rains here too. But it gets HOT. But I look at it like this. In the summer, if you wake up at 5am its about 79degrees. You have 2hours to work outside on your car comfortably. Can't really do that in the snow in the winter:) joking aside, I have a full size black truck in the desert, talk about always dirty. It also has a case of AZ pinstriping.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online