PDA

View Full Version : Detail: 2005 BMW M3

Pages : [1] 2

justin_murphy
04-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Here's one that I did for a local Mexican restaurant owner. He is a good friend of mine and has always treated me well. Last week I was in there eating when he tossed me the keys and said "Detail!". So I did!

All he wanted was a minor detail due to the pollen we are having. The inside was not bad at all. So, the interior got a wipe down and Pinnacle's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner on the leather. The windows got cleaned then the carpets vacuumed. The outside got a bath with Pinnacle's Body Work Shampoo and then lightly polished out with Advanced Finishing Polish via PC and EDGE2K Green Pad at a #5 setting. Lastly, the paint received a layer of Pinnacles Signature Series II. This was the first time I've used this and wow, looks deep and wet on black. The wheels got a coat of DP's Spray Surface Shield and then tires a coat of Pinnacle's Black Onyx Tire Gel.

Thanks!!!
(Oh yeah, I've discovered a way to put multiple pics into one pic!)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/justin30513/2005%20BMW%20M3/Joined.jpg

sparkie
04-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Very sweet ride! I got the Pinnacle BWS, haven't use it yet! Anyhoo, nice job, I love the hood shot. Looks real deep and wet!

Bigfoot
04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Nice! Great job there, amigo! lol

P1et
04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I love those M3s. No, I mean, I really love them. The new bodystyle will have a tough time competing with this classic.

Great work on this one Justin, but you should ask the owner if you can take off that awful dealership sticker on the boot!

Nica
04-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Very nice job Justin, you sure made that color shine and has incredible depth. Always enjoy your pictures, by the way your pictures look great.

Thanks for sharing, my favorite picture is the hood pictures too....very nice.

justin_murphy
04-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys. I like taking pictures. I take like 100 or so then pick the ones I think you all will like!!!

HighEndDetail
04-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys. I like taking pictures. I take like 100 or so then pick the ones I think you all will like!!!

http://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/shocked.gifhttp://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/shocked.gifI do maybe 20

Nica
04-07-2007, 07:48 PM
lol...halerious because I'm the same way...I take tons of picures and then get my wife to go through them and pic the best ones.

D
04-07-2007, 07:49 PM
How would you compare Pinnacles Signature Series II to Souveran Paste?

orngez
04-07-2007, 08:26 PM
great job...def. one of my favorite cars of all time..

Adde
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
How would you compare Pinnacles Signature Series II to Souveran Paste?

same question but vs liquid souveran :) especially on a black car

justin_murphy
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Lord guys. They are all good. To tell you the truth, liquid Souveran is still my favorite. I can put it on by machine in no time and the look is awesome.

SSII vs. Souveran.......
Not that big of a difference.......I'd still take Max Wax over either for the money!

Totoland Mach
04-07-2007, 09:04 PM
GREAT JOB ON THAT BIMMER!

Looks super Justin!

I've got a black 545i that is paint job from Hel! It's what I consider to be a defect from the factory: all the surfaces (horizontal, vertical, plastic panels, metal) have minute "pock marks" thousands of them. I've tried wet sanding at 3,000 grit, 2,000 grit, wool pad, cutting pad with 3M extra cut (which is 1 step above toothpaste IMO)...no luck. So, I'm gonna finish this nasty car as best as I can tomorrow and the dealer will sell it at a discount.

Anyway, great work Sir! Give yourself a Gold Star for workmanship.

Toto

Kelso
04-07-2007, 10:30 PM
mine has those marks your tlaking about, only on the hood as far as i can tell though. drives me nuts.
that ///M is quite a beautiful beast!

cosmo e46
04-07-2007, 11:05 PM
How would you compare Pinnacles Signature Series II to Souveran Paste?nothing out there compares to the paste for end results.