PDA

View Full Version : noob questions

wallace03
07-25-2012, 08:42 PM
so i finally found sometime to test out my GG6 today, i did a test spot on my door and hood. I have a few questions that i would like some help with.

1. is the compound suppose to go clear after i do one pass? how do i know if i need more compound? i primed my yellow ccs pad with d300 and than added 3 dime size drops. i did it in the shade around 7pm, but its still pretty hot and humid here.

2. i know im suppose to get the pad a close to center as possible. i did my best but i was still a little off center. ive never used a DA polisher before. so is it suppose to shake so much when youre polishing?

3. Like i said its pretty hot here. so im having sweat drops fall down in my area that im polishing. is it ok just to polishing over that?

4. so i used a hand applicator CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicators - Hand polish, hand detail, foam applicators, CCS foam pads, polishing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-foam-hand-applicators.html) (red) to apply my PB ex sealant. i only used one end of the pad and when i went to wash it off after i finished i noticed there was alot of wax coming out from inside the pad. is there a less wasteful way to do this?

Thanks,