PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Arkansas

rdf
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi. I first signed on to Autogeek many years ago, studied up on the new-to-me idea that Turtle Wax wasn't the only thing available for car finishes, and tackled my several year old DD with a PC7424 (non-XP, that long ago), some 1Z Paint Polish, and Menzerna Final Polish II. Followed that with the Klasse twins. When I traded that car in two years ago, it still looked better than anything else on the trade-in lot.

After a bit of a hiatus while moving, retiring, having a house built, and other stuff ... I started reading up on things again. Wow has state of the art changed. As alluded to in my post in the unboxing thread, I sort of went overboard. heh. Kept reading posts and watching video reviews and putting more stuff in the cart. Mike P and Cee Dog spent a lot of money for me.

Mike, thank you for the superb tutorials ... on detailing, and also on forum topics, how to upload pix, how to post pix inline in a post ... I used to write training materials, and evaluate others in applying them. Yours are great.

I'm mostly here to learn. Obviously from post count, I don't have any wisdom to impart; I'm just absorbing it. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post instructional text, pix, videos. They've taught me a lot.

rider9195
07-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome back! A lot has changed since you have joined.

rdf
07-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Thank you, Ryan.
Haha! .... yes indeed; much has changed. Lots to learn. Fortunately, I enjoy learning.

Mike Phillips
07-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Welcome back! :welcome:

Hi. I first signed on to Autogeek many years ago, studied up on the new-to-me idea that Turtle Wax wasn't the only thing available for car finishes, and tackled my several year old DD with a PC7424 (non-XP, that long ago), some 1Z Paint Polish, and Menzerna Final Polish II. Followed that with the Klasse twins. When I traded that car in two years ago, it still looked better than anything else on the trade-in lot.

Sounds about right...

After a bit of a hiatus while moving, retiring, having a house built, and other stuff ... I started reading up on things again. Wow has state of the art changed. As alluded to in my post in the unboxing thread, I sort of went overboard. heh. Kept reading posts and watching video reviews and putting more stuff in the cart.

Mike P and Cee Dog spent a lot of money for me.

Sorry about that... on behalf of Corey I apologize for him too... :D

Mike, thank you for the superb tutorials ... on detailing, and also on forum topics, how to upload pix, how to post pix inline in a post ... I used to write training materials, and evaluate others in applying them. Yours are great.

Gee thanks! I just try to help others do the same things I do and use pictures and words to get the job done.

As it relates to pictures, anyone can take pictures, the tricky part is getting them off the memory stick, cropped, resized, uploaded and inserted... once a person teaches themselves how to to do the above they can share their pics on any forum...

I'm mostly here to learn. Obviously from post count, I don't have any wisdom to impart; I'm just absorbing it. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post instructional text, pix, videos. They've taught me a lot.

Autogeek Online is where all the action is at and where all the really good forum members hang out to help others get a little further up the road.

:xyxthumbs:

Meghan
07-26-2012, 06:36 AM
:welcome:

Pats300zx
07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Welcome to AGO !!!

vet
07-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome back!

rdf
07-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm looking forward to learning about the new technologies, especially in paint protective coatings. That EXO demo looked interesting .... and Mike's excellent tutorials have already shown me several things I can do to improve my preparation steps.

Old Tiger
07-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome aboard!