PDA

View Full Version : Best Hose Nozzle

Pages : [1] 2

BlackCoupe
04-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I have one of those firman hose nozzles. Strong stream and rubber coated so it is less likely to damage the car if it hits it, but it is a pain to have to use two hands to turn it on and off. What do you guys use?

ScottB
04-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I use a Dramm 300 quick connector w/ cutoff switch, and easy connectors on my collection of nozzles and even the pressure washer.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/images/en_US/local/products/248x/hose-nozzle-293336zz.jpg

picked up my latest nozzle this week.

Black Diamond
04-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I use a Dramm 300 quick connector w/ cutoff switch, and easy connectors on my collection of nozzles and even the pressure washer.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/images/en_US/local/products/248x/hose-nozzle-293336zz.jpg

Same one I bought. Used it a couple of times and I like it. As was suggested, get the quick disconnects. Makes things much easier.

orngez
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
if you go to costco right now they have an entire nozzle set that includes quick disconnects...includes a nozzle like the one pictured above and two or three different types of sprayers...looked like a quality item...saw a lot of brass and metal and not a lot of plastic....then again i use my foam gun and unscrew it to flood dry the car...so i have no real need for a nozzle...

BlackCoupe
04-07-2007, 04:24 PM

This is a costco item?

orngez
04-07-2007, 04:28 PM
This is a costco item?

the one at costco is not exaclty the same...if my memory serves me correctly...but it was a nozzle that worked on the same priciple...and it came with other hose attachments and like 3 quick disconnects...i remember it being a reasonable price as well...

sparkie
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't use one.
If I can find mine fireman nozzles (I have 3 of them) I might trade for products. One of them looks like that one in Killr pic.
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/images/en_US/local/products/248x/hose-nozzle-293336zz.jpg Found two so far!

ScottB
04-08-2007, 11:46 AM
This is a costco item?

got mine at Lowes for 17.99 .... saw it catalogs for 29.99. Made by Gilmour. There are lots of cheaper Fireman Nozzles offered, some as low as 5.00 (Walmart). Most dont seem to work well, thus my quest for more.

BlackCoupe
04-08-2007, 01:10 PM
However, this looks like it takes two hands to use it. True?

sparkie
04-08-2007, 02:49 PM
However, this looks like it takes two hands to use it. True?
True and false! True you need two hands to open it, after that one hand operation.

orngez
04-08-2007, 03:26 PM
to be honest...ever since getting a foam gun...the nozzle i have just sits on the shelf...for the car it gets foamed and "flood" dried...even for the garage floor and driveway I used to always us the nozzle i had in "flat jet spray mode" to hose it down when sweeping alone didn't clean it....now i just fill the foam gun with some biodegradeable cleaner I bought at a gardening store and hose and scrub down cement with it...better results and the foam gun uses less water than most spray nozzles....i even fil the foam gun with a liquid fertilizer and it does a great job on my lawn and plants....

ScottB
04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
..................i even fil the foam gun with a liquid fertilizer and it does a great job on my lawn and plants....

Heavens no, please tell me you dont share your foam gun with the lawn ?? Next you tell me you use your leaf blower as a lawn mulcher also :(

Nuke33
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Is it worth getting a firemens nozzle, what is the advantage of it?

MikeyC
04-09-2007, 09:50 PM

I bought one of these nozzles last summer at Lowe's. I HATED it. I couldn't get the stream into all the patterns that I like to use. I later went out and bought a Goodyear fireman's nozzle at Home Depot and have been 100% happy with it.

BlackCoupe
04-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I bought one of these nozzles last summer at Lowe's. I HATED it. I couldn't get the stream into all the patterns that I like to use. I later went out and bought a Goodyear fireman's nozzle at Home Depot and have been 100% happy with it.

Well, I guess I will find out--I bought one today. I had the fireman's nozzle, but did not like having to use two hands to twist it on and off. Even so, I would not have replaced it had a certain 20 year old son not run over it with his RX8. I also find that it has welded itself to the hose, so I need to go back and get a new hose, too.

EDIT: After I wrote that I decided it sounded pretty pitiful, so I went outside with the Vice-Grips and Channel locks. Cut the rubber housing off ang got medieval on it. I won, and the new nozzle is on. Very strong stream--I think I will be happy.