PDA

View Full Version : Ever had this happen?

TP143
07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
This was the first time I removed a pad from my GG 6". pulled toward me from the top edge that overhung the backing plate, and...

Paintxpert
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi-Looks like you may have gotten it too hot. You must have been pushing REAL hard on that DA. Left it on the velcro too long. I take the pads off from time to time for cleaning. Looks like that is an orbital and I dont own one. That is one of the major differeces in them. Can you believe I NEVER had that happen to one of my circular angle polisher pads? Orbital DA polishing is a different world compared to angle polishing. Keep in mind the more you push on that velcro the more LOCKED the TWO surfaces become. Remove the pad sooner from the backing plate.

RZJZA80
07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah, you overheated the backing plate which caused the pad to melt. You can avoid this by not polishing on speed 6 for extended periods of time, and always look at the center of your pad, if it starts dipping down, it's heating up and slowly melting from the middle...let it cool off. GG6's are well known for the heat issues.

rider9195
07-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah. Use less pressure next time. I use speed 6 all the time and it's the pressure that kills pads. I have experimented with it before. Poor pads.