PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: How I upload pictures.....

justin_murphy
04-07-2007, 07:17 AM
I thought I would share how I upload pic. This is in no attempt to tell how you should but in an effort to ease the process through my trial and errors. You must have a photobucket Pro account which is only 25.00 a year. Very well worth it. You must also be running XP on you computer.

Here's the process.......

Download your photos onto you computer. I take mine on my camera's largest setting since I will be resizing them anyways.
Go into your photobucket account a build a folder. An example would be "2007 Pontiac Solstice".
Now, go back to the folder on your computer where the pictures are that you want to upload.
On the left of the screen, you will see "Publish This Folder to the Web". Click this and the steps will walk you through uploading the entire folder instead of one at a time. Remember the folder we built in your photobucket account? There is is step now that will allow you to find that folder to upload too.

Pretty cool huh? There is a step that will allow you to resize your pics while uploading. Select "Medium 800X600" for the best sizing.I hope this helps. Maybe we can get this stickied if you all find it useful enough to. Let me know if you have any questions.

Justin

Stittville Ed
04-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Nice write up Justin, Thanks

This will be in your soon to be complete book :)

bambo2888
04-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I used photobucket too, but I have been doing one picture at a time. thank you so much for showing us this!

HighEndDetail
04-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the info, doing one at a time takes forever

ScottB
04-07-2007, 07:52 AM
photobucket and photohost are free sites and great for pic storage. Remember you can also use the gallery on this site for items specific to AG. There is a sticky on it already posted in one of the areas.

justin_murphy
04-07-2007, 07:56 AM
photobucket and photohost are free sites and great for pic storage. Remember you can also use the gallery on this site for items specific to AG. There is a sticky on it already posted in one of the areas.

It is free unless you have to get the bandwidth that I need. You get some other cool features as well. For 25.00, it's a deal. I know you can up them here but I link my photobucket accout on my website so visitors can go see all the work I've done. There's over 5000 pictures now!

Nica
04-08-2007, 03:13 PM
It is free unless you have to get the bandwidth that I need. You get some other cool features as well. For 25.00, it's a deal. I know you can up them here but I link my photobucket accout on my website so visitors can go see all the work I've done. There's over 5000 pictures now!

5,000 pictures wow talk about lots of pictures.

I enjoyed your write up Justin, I sure wished you did this oh say about 6 months ago lol..just teasing. I too use the photobucket and I'm pleased with it.

Thank you for taking the time to do this write up, I'm sure new members will find it useful. I know I could have used it when I first started to post pictures.

Nuke33
04-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the write up should help a lot of people

bambo2888
04-09-2007, 12:30 PM
this doesnt work in vista... im sad...

Kelso
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
didnt know you could do that, ill try it next time. thanks for the info

R1DC2
04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
oo awesome info!

Jimmie
04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks Justin. Need all the help I can get with photos.

ryandamartini
04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
i do something similar, but just use my ftp to my website

drag and drop :)

Showroom Shine
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Still working on getting the flicks up! Winter Detail Inside. This Truck was on it's way to Barrett Jackson's in Vegas!