PDA

View Full Version : Leather cleaner on plastic?

GoldBl4d3
07-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Can I use it on plastic or no? I use the DP interior cleaner but it foams and makes my MF go flat and loose obsorbtion.

fahoumh
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
DP Total Interior Cleaner can be used on any interior surface except glass.

GoldBl4d3
07-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Please re-read my question. I asked if the WG leather cleaner can be used on plastic because I dont like the DP interior cleaner.

fahoumh
07-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I saw your post via Twitter on my phone and didn't notice this was in the Wolfgang section.

It would probably work but it seems kind of wasteful. I'd say you're better off using a diluted APC like Optimum Power Clean or even 303 Aerospace cleaner.

GoldBl4d3
07-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I saw your post via Twitter on my phone and didn't notice this was in the Wolfgang section.

It would probably work but it seems kind of wasteful. I'd say you're better off using a diluted APC like Optimum Power Clean or even 303 Aerospace cleaner.

Haha thats quite all right. Thanks yea, I like APC but they seem to harsh for me, even when highly dilluted.

fahoumh
07-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Haha thats quite all right. Thanks yea, I like APC but they seem to harsh for me, even when highly dilluted.
I only bust out the APC when DP TIC just won't cut it.

I noticed that I had the same problem with a lack of absorption when my MF cloth gets saturated until I changed my technique. I now use a brush to work it in then wipe with a MF, followed by a light spray of water and another wipe to dry with a different MF. I know it doesn't need to be rinsed off but I do it just to be sure there's no residue left. Maybe that will work for you? :dunno:

GoldBl4d3
07-25-2012, 11:36 PM
my most complaint is the foaming. but i guess the new formula combats that. will try some mf applicator pads as well because of the short nap.

fahoumh
07-25-2012, 11:42 PM
MF applicator pads are something I've had on my "maybe buy" list. I'd really like to hear about your results with them. :)