PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #00 Hi-Tech Wash Discontinued?

kemefk
07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Does anybody know if Mequiars 00 Hi-Tech Wash has been discontinued? On AG, it has been backordered for some time now.

Mike Phillips
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Sent an e-mail to Mike Stoops, he'll clarify.

Too bad if it was as it was a low sudsing, body shop safe car wash soap and wetsanding lubricant.

It was a purist car wash soap.

:)

kemefk
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Sent an e-mail to Mike Stoops, he'll clarify.

Too bad if it was as it was a low sudsing, body shop safe car wash soap and wetsanding lubricant.

It was a purist car wash soap.

Thanks Mike. I'll see what he says.

ShaunD
07-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I was wondering about it about a year ago now when I went to order it as a lube for wetsanding. I ordered #62 instead. Guess we will see soon what its destiny is.

Michael Stoops
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes, sadly it was indeed discontinued a couple of years ago. Apologies for any inconvenience this poses, but Shaun's suggestion of using M-62 instead would be our recommendation as well, even with the increased foaming over M-00.

Danube
07-23-2012, 08:11 PM
I still have a few bottles of 00 and love it.

Mike Phillips
07-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Yes, sadly it was indeed discontinued a couple of years ago. Apologies for any inconvenience this poses, but Shaun's suggestion of using M-62 instead would be our recommendation as well, even with the increased foaming over M-00.

Thanks for chiming in Mike.

When I was at Meguiar's, usually if a product was discontinued it's because its sales numbers dropped below a certain threshold. That means you all weren't buying enough of it to make it a profitable enough product to keep on the market.

The term used was,

Skew Rationalization

And that's the way she wrote...

kemefk
07-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Thats a shame because it was a really good product.