PDA

View Full Version : Which pad for finishing glaze?

TP143
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I recently purchased the Wolfgang Duo 3.0, along with an orange and red pad. After (of course) I recieved everything I found some videos showing that a white pad should be used for the Finishing Glaze part of the Duo 3.0 process. Given I only have an orange (cutting ability) and red (no cutting ability) pad, which should I use? Or, should I purchase a white pad and wait another week?

Thanks

richy
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
It's easy for me or anyone else to spend your $$, but 2 pads won't cut it (pun intended). For the glaze, actually the red will do just fine. However, the white is such a versatile pad (probably the most) that you need one in your inventory. Get at least a white one if nothing else and you'll have a range.

Buckskincolt
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
The WG finishing glaze is a fine polish. You could use the red and get what the polish gives you or get a white and get a little more from the pad/polish cutting.

To do a complete car you need at least 3-4 each orange and white pads, otherwise the pads gets saturated with product and built up with spent paint. You need to work clean and keep a clean pad working the polishes. Then use red or blue to apply LSP.

I use the WG twins a lot of the time. I typically use 4 Cyan and 3 Tangerine pads for an average car. These are the LC Hydro Tech pads. I use the Cyan with the TSR and the Tangeine with the FG. Sometimes I can get away with TSR on a Tangerine pad then go right to LSP. I just depends on the paint and how bad it is?:props:

Mike Phillips
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Very good answers above :iagree:

Given I only have an orange (cutting ability) and red (no cutting ability) pad, which should I use? Or, should I purchase a white pad and wait another week?

A few questions...

What are you working on?
What is the condition of the paint?
What are you trying to accomplish?

:)

TP143
07-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all the comments! To address Mike's post:

1. I am working on a 2006 Ford Fusion, black color.
2. In the 6 years of ownership I never had the car buffed and have frequently washed via the scrub brush at the carwash. The paint is good but the swirls are as bad as they can get. I actually don't like washing my car any more because I think the swirls that become apparent after washing look worse than a slighly dirty car.
3. My main goal is swirl removal. I plan on knocking this out today so I will be washing, claying, polishing, sealing. I will be taking the WG Swirl Remover for the first polishing step using an orange pad and then moving to the Finishing Glaze. It sound like I should use the red pad over the orange pad for this step.

I will check back on this thread after claying to see if I need to be doing anything different with the polishing steps.

I really am excited to see the results and I have two family members who are "ready to sign up" depending on my results.

Thanks again!

swanicyouth
07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Shame on AG for adding more confusion to the car care world. From what I've read (and experienced), WFG is similar to a mix of a Menzerna fine polish (like SF 4500) and a glaze. It's a terrific product, but why the name Finishing Glaze? Why not something like: "Wolfgang Final Finish" or something a little more ambiguous like Prima's Amigo? The later would make the buyer read the description to see its a glaze and polish.

Of course I'm just joking. Its great either way.

Buckskincolt
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Shame on AG for adding more confusion to the car care world. From what I've read (and experienced), WFG is similar to a mix of a Menzerna fine polish (like SF 4500) and a glaze. It's a terrific product, but why the name Finishing Glaze? Why not something like: "Wolfgang Final Finish" or something a little more ambiguous like Prima's Amigo? The later would make the buyer read the description to see its a glaze and polish.

wolfgang Finishing Glaze has no filling glaze in it.:dunno:
From the product description "The water-based polish is low-dusting, silicone-free, filler-free, and wax-free."

umi000
07-24-2012, 11:02 PM

It's actually 106FA (SF4000), and it has no glazing elements.