PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Meguiars Canuba Wax

Pages : [1] 2

rweekley
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm a Meguiars fan, so those who like and use Meguiars stuff, what is your favorite and most durable Meguiars Carnuba Wax?

I just detailed my truck this weekend. Went throught the whole process, claying, UC, UP and NXT 2.0 and want to put a canuba on top of it.

I was thinking of using #26.

What are your thoughts??

shoeless89
07-23-2012, 09:08 AM
I've had terrible luck with Meguiar's Ultimate Wax and NXT 2.0. I've only gotten MAYBE a month or so of durability out of both. The only Meguiar's wax I really like at all is their Gold Class Carnauba Wax. But it doesn't provide much better durability, just better looks IMO. Meguiar's #26 is pretty similar to Gold Class its just the detailer version instead of consumer version. IF you want to stick with all Meguiar's I would first put on some Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-21-synthetic-sealant-2-0.html) then follow it up with Gold Class or #26 just so you get the protection.

kmsdetailing
07-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I stopped using Meguiars quite some time ago. My favorites are; not in any order; Zymol, Pinnacle, Wolfgang and Mothers.

FUNX650
07-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm a Meguiars fan, so those who like and use Meguiars stuff, what is your favorite and most durable Meguiars Carnuba Wax?

Most 'carnubas' only last (durability?) a few weeks...4-6...(more/less...depending on a vehicle's usage/'cleaning'-patterns, IMO.

I was thinking of using #26.

#26...Without a doubt: My favorite "Hybrid-Wax" !!!

What are your thoughts??
See below.

I stopped using Meguiars quite some time ago.

Just curious...Reasons why?

@rweekley...
Glad to have Good Men, such as yourself, on our side!! :dblthumb2:

@kmsdetailing...
Looks as though we'll have to have a: "Talk"...in a bit!! :D

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/defendingmeguiar_s2.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/48296)

:)

Bob

jcedorjr
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm a huge fan of #26 and just applied some over Collinite 845 on my brother's dark blue Neon a few weeks ago and it really gave some awesome depth to the paint. I also applied some to my wife's pearl white Subaru and it really brought out the metallic flake. Haven't used it in years and decided to give it another visit and loved it, just don't let it cure too long or you get quite the workout taking it off!

Cathul
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Meguiar's #16, but unfortunately it's not available anymore in Europe.

swanicyouth
07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Just curious, how do these OTC waxes compare to the more expensive boutique waxes. Most of the Meg's I saw at the store today seem to be synthetic waxes or blends. I've never used them, but I'm wondering if someone who has could compare them to something like Pinnacle SSII or CG XX Hardcore hybrid waxes.

kline39
07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Megs 26 gives great depth, tho not the best durablity. If you want to keep it in the Megs family, 3M bought out meguires a few years back. I recently started using 3M perfect-it show car paste wax, and really like it. tho it doesnt quite have the depth of #26, it still looks great and has much better durability. Also, its under $20.

shoeless89
07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Just curious, how do these OTC waxes compare to the more expensive boutique waxes. Most of the Meg's I saw at the store today seem to be synthetic waxes or blends. I've never used them, but I'm wondering if someone who has could compare them to something like Pinnacle SSII or CG XX Hardcore hybrid waxes.

Really the only OTC wax I'll buy thats available around here at least is Meguiar's Gold Class. Long story short, IMO yes this is a VERY big difference between OTC waxes and "higher end" waxes. But you do get diminished returns on your money after about the $150 mark when it comes to wax price.

This should help http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html

7huskie6
07-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Just love #26 all around. Enjoy putting it on and looks great on black.

umi000
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Meguiar's #16, but unfortunately it's not available anymore in Europe.

I actually recently read a post by Meguiar's UK on Detailing World - they say that they will be releasing a slightly modified version of M16 back to the market. I wonder if Meg's USA will be following suite, assuming of course that the retooled formula meets VOC compliance standards :)

PPLd
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I have used Gold Class Paste Wax and M26 Paste Wax.

I found Gold Class easier to apply and remove. M26 tends to go on thick and get very difficult to remove on my car.

Gold Class is rich in polish oils to condition the paint while M26 is a pure wax. They both dont last long I would go for Gold Class.

yakky
07-23-2012, 11:31 PM
M26 liquid is my favorite. Durability isn't great but most of us love to wax.

milky
07-24-2012, 04:03 AM
I love M16 and M26, and I find the latter protects really well vs. other waxes. I get far less bird bomb and water etching from it.

Coakley Carwash
07-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Go Meguiars best care car products