PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Help Plz, 95 Mustang 5.0

331TwistedWedge
07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey guys i need a little help ... im using a cheap craftsman rotary buffer, 1450-1600 are my 2 rpms speeds ... im correcting a swirled out red 1995 mustang gt ... i have played around with several pads and products ... im not going to use the megs 105 or surbuf pads, im done with both (too much work!) ...

i need a good (aggressive) 6.5" foam pad and a good (great) swirl remover ... so far i have found that a megs #9 total swirl remover and a cyan lake county cyan hydro foam pad is removing about 60% of the swirls ... followed by megs 205/tangerine lake county hydro foam pad and im prob up to 70% removed ...

i know theres better out there ... what are you rotary guys using? ... i need to order something tonight and get this car done ... thanks for all of your input ...

1 more thing i tried is optimum compound on the cyan pad, i was not impressed at all ... in fact i have barely put a dent into that optimum bottle, i never have any luck with it ... tried some wolfgang swirl remover 3.0 with no luck as well ... help 8-(

Rick.

AutowerxDetailing
07-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Yellow CCS pads with a rotary work great at removing moderate to heavy swirls and scratches.

Rsurfer
07-22-2012, 09:25 PM
OTC Meg's Ultimate Compound.
Hey guys i need a little help ... im using a cheap craftsman rotary buffer, 1450-1600 are my 2 rpms speeds ... im correcting a swirled out red 1995 mustang gt ... i have played around with several pads and products ... im not going to use the megs 105 or surbuf pads, im done with both (too much work!) ...

i need a good (aggressive) 6.5" foam pad and a good (great) swirl remover ... so far i have found that a megs #9 total swirl remover and a cyan lake county cyan hydro foam pad is removing about 60% of the swirls ... followed by megs 205/tangerine lake county hydro foam pad and im prob up to 70% removed ...

i know theres better out there ... what are you rotary guys using? ... i need to order something tonight and get this car done ... thanks for all of your input ...

1 more thing i tried is optimum compound on the cyan pad, i was not impressed at all ... in fact i have barely put a dent into that optimum bottle, i never have any luck with it ... tried some wolfgang swirl remover 3.0 with no luck as well ... help 8-(

Rick.

331TwistedWedge
07-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Yellow CCS pads with a rotary work great at removing moderate to heavy swirls and scratches.

thank you very much ... im ordering those right now, ive always wanted to try those anyway ... i think i will get some ultimate compound as well, thats easy to find locally ...

thanks guys ...