PDA

View Full Version : cleaning and protecting plastic wheel covers?

The Moose
07-22-2012, 12:25 PM
As much as i hate to believe it, the 20s on my dodge ram are acrually steel wheels with chrome looking wheel covers. They look great and everything but im just a little surprised and confused by the whole thing. Anyway, im looking for the best wat to clean and protect them from dust and the elements just like i would do for a set of 20inch alloys. Does anyone know a good plastic safe cleaner amd protector? Im thinking klasse aio would do the trick to keep some dust off them, but i want something more specifically for wheels that is also safe for use on these things. Any help is appreciated.

davidc
07-22-2012, 01:35 PM
I use DG Aqua Wax on mine. They stay cleaner longer and clean better, then I spray Aqua Wax on the rim and plastic cap as a drying aid which reloads for the next session.

Dave

The Moose
07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I have a bunch of this ... i think i'll just have to give it a shot and see what happens. The wheels don't ever get super dirty.

Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner, Griots Garage Wheel Cleaner, wheel cleaning (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-wheel-cleaner.html)

shoeless89
07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
As much as i hate to believe it, the 20s on my dodge ram are acrually steel wheels with chrome looking wheel covers. They look great and everything but im just a little surprised and confused by the whole thing. Anyway, im looking for the best wat to clean and protect them from dust and the elements just like i would do for a set of 20inch alloys. Does anyone know a good plastic safe cleaner amd protector? Im thinking klasse aio would do the trick to keep some dust off them, but i want something more specifically for wheels that is also safe for use on these things. Any help is appreciated.

One of my friends just bought a brand new Ram and when we found out his wheels were made of plastic we were shocked. You would never think that just my looking at them though!

I have a bunch of this ... i think i'll just have to give it a shot and see what happens. The wheels don't ever get super dirty.

Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner, Griots Garage Wheel Cleaner, wheel cleaning (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-wheel-cleaner.html)

That's a fairly mild wheel cleaner. If you wanted. You could always use a slightly stronger wheel cleaner for the barrel of the wheel and that Griot's for the face of the wheel or even just soap and water.